Strategic Enterprise Capabilities Global Operations and Logistics Senior Engineer
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.Who you will work with:
Strategic Enterprise Capabilities (SEC) is a reinvention of the way Nike does business. We see the opportunity to strengthen our value chain, connect the matrix, unlock new technologies and elevate the strategies that inspire future innovations. The SEC team will drive end-to-end integration across hundreds of business processes, using a flexible and scalable Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and best-in-class technology solutions that support the retail experience of the future.
As our Senior Engineer in Global Operations and Logistics, you will be responsible for leading the technical deliverables of the engineering team.Role Responsibilities:
- Ability to design, develop, configure, and implement complex solutions and code in programming languages like Python/Java/Scala or similar.
- Strong experience with AWS Cloud services.
- Ability to design, develop and deploy RESTful API’s following domain driven design.
- Diverse experience in developments/deployments in the public cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred: EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS, Kafka).
- Experience in NoSQL Programming like DynamoDB and SQL Programming like Aurora.
- Experience with Containers in orchestration including Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, and EKS.
- Experience with AWS Provisioning such as Terraform, Cloud Formation and build tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery. (Preferred)
- Strong experience in automated unit testing.
- Exposure to Monitoring & Observability tools like New Relic, Splunk, and SignalFX.
- Ability to conduct performance monitoring, tuning, and analyze performance against benchmarks.
- Experience in Lean/Agile/SAFe environment.
- Keep delivery team apprised of work progress and proactively communicate any concerns or opportunities to improve project delivery.
- Exceptional in solving complex problems and being a great teammate is key.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years hands on experience in design, development & testing in Python/Java/Scala.
- 5+ years working as an engineer in a complex matrix organization within a global IT environment having diverse and complex landscape.
- 2+ years of experience with source code maintenance using tools such as Microsoft VSS, GitHub, or SVN software repositories.
- 2+ years mentoring, governing, and supporting 2-5 Junior developers concurrently (preferred)
- Experience working as a senior engineer on multiple projects and business functions in both large (1-year+ projects) and small projects (>3 months).
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.