Strategic Enterprise Capabilities, Plan to Report Capability Director
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.’s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike’s multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike’s diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
Strategic Enterprise Capabilities (SEC) is a reinvention of the way Nike does business! We see the opportunity to strengthen our value chain, connect the matrix, unlock new technologies and elevate the strategies that inspire future innovations. The SEC team will drive end-to-end integration across hundreds of business processes, using a flexible and scalable Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and best-of-breed technology solutions that support the retail experience of the future.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
This individual will serve as the capability director responsible for delivering system and process design in support of the Plan to Report cycle. The role will be responsible for delivering business insight based on your experience and using subject matter experts across the Nike Finance community. The work will require delivering against business requirements and SAP leading practices. This role will also drive partnership and collaboration with working teams, including Business Subject Matter Experts (both inside and outside the SEC Program), Nike Technology, Transformational Change Office (TCO), External Implementation Partners and SEC Program Leadership
We are looking for a candidate with the following top traits and skills.
- Proven ability to respond to and prioritize changing demands effectively
- Ability to build and maintain strong team relationships while driving and influencing decisions that deliver to future state business capabilities
- Facilitate and support delivery of SEC program deliverables and achievements
- Act as liaison between business and technology teams to ensure technology solutions deliver against specific business requirements
- Ability to communicate complex concepts through storytelling and strong communication skills
- Strong ability to contribute to creatively solving complex, unique problems with large business impact using a validated methodology
- Lead and develop talent
- Provide subject matter expertise specific to Financial Planning, Reporting and Performance Management processes across both Nike Direct and Wholesale businesses
- Deliver on strategic vision of future state reporting and plan data flows.
- Integrate business requirements and technology into the development of robust solutions that drive organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Drive the future integration of Nike Direct and Wholesale businesses through the lens of the Consumer Direct Acceleration
- Partner with SEC transition management teams (TCO) to complete organizational transition management that drives global process and solution adoption across all of North America Finance
- Lead and partner on all testing required for the activation of future state processes related to new Product and Marketplace reporting dimensions and P&L drivers, Channel based OCOGS allocations and Plan data capture in SAP S4
- Work with key business collaborators to design standardized policies, procedures and tools stretching across the Balance Sheet and P&L.
- Collaborate across Geographies with Business leaders, as well as Operations, Sales, Logistics and Finance business partners, sharing, and adopting industry leading practices to continuously improve Plan to Report processes.
- Ensuring the impacts to the Finance & Strategy function are clearly defined and communicated to all key collaborators.
- Accountable to use the program tools to create the BPD (Business Process Design) as a critical output of the work cycles in partnership with Tech.
- Report to Sr. Director SEC Finance Functional Lead
- Lead team of 2 individuals to deliver Plan to Report capabilities
- Work closely with Geography Planning, Global Business Planning, Controlling, Finance Transformation and Strategy teams, to understand, develop and deliver against future enterprise strategies. Conversely ensure business partners understand the art of the possible and bring them with you on the SEC journey.
- Work collaboratively with other capability leads to design, build and test across a variety of integrated End to End scenarios
- Close relationship with our implementation partners to help deliver ultimate solution.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in accounting, finance, business strategic planning, management consulting or related field
- Fortune 500/multinational Consumer Products company preferred
- Direct Experience preferred
- Exposure to ERP accounting and finance systems such as SAP highly desirable
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication of complex and/or controversial topics and concepts; meeting facilitation; effective communication on status, issues, risks and opportunities with senior leadership team
- Transformative, process-oriented and strategic-thinking approach
- Ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- Ability to share ideas, develop effective responses and influence management decisions
- Proven ability to work independently, lead and prioritize against multiple priorities, while delivering results with high quality
- Must be able to exercise a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.