Strategy Planning Analyst
**Job Description: **
Come and join us as a Strategy Planning Analyst– this position offers a unique opportunity to develop a holistic view of the De Beers Group business from a strategic planning and commercial perspective, while becoming an expert in global supply and demand for diamonds.
Reporting into the Sr. Strategy Planning Manager, you will help deliver accurate, timely and clear analysis to support key business planning decisions within De Beers Group.
About the team
The De Beers Group Strategy Development function reports to the EVP, Strategy & Innovation and is responsible for identifying and making value maximising strategic recommendations for the Group, supported by an integrated intelligence and analytical capability. The remit of the role includes producing supply and demand forecasts, inputting into both the Market Insight Hub (which collates and disseminates the Group’s view on market conditions and the near-term outlook), and into long-term price forecasting.
Assist in generating up-to-date intelligence for ongoing use in support of strategic and functional objectives of the Strategy Development function. Key focuses of the role will be maintain an up-to-date view of third party production of natural diamonds, macroeconomic forecasts and monitoring industry pipeline trends relevant to understanding short-term and long-term price movements.
In particular, responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining relevant models and analytical tools including but not limited to databases and forecasting models
- Managing the demand estimation and forecasting function through direct interaction with primary and secondary research suppliers and sources, as well as own analyses and interpretation
- Contributing to various reports with own original analyses and write-ups
- Reviewing and preparing presentation materials to effectively communicate trends in data (drawing conclusions), and potential investment opportunities
- Perform other quantitative and qualitative data sourcing and analysis, as needed, in support of Strategy Development projects and De Beers Exco ad-hoc requests
- Manage an appropriate archiving system for outputs
- Help to optimise how we produce and update materials to disseminate latest findings and conclusions arising from analyses
- Manage projects aimed at improving our forecasting of third party supply
- Please note that due to the anticipated high volume of applications, we may close this role earlier than the stated date. We appreciate your understanding.
A full job description will be shared with you at interview stage.
- Degree in economics, business or a STEM subject preferred
- Proven professional experience in a data-driven role (e.g. strategy consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy)
- Solid understanding of how to independently collect, challenge and collate data from a variety of publicly available sources (e.g. financial reports, analysts’ reports, trade press)
- Financially literate with ability to interpret, at a high level, all major economic performance indicators of companies’ accounts (e.g. sales, operating costs, EBITDA, Cash Flows, ROCE)
- Experience or demonstrable interest in modelling and forecasting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel modelling and PowerPoint
**Additional Information: **
When you join De Beers Group, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. We’re a large, successful multinational company with a burning ambition to grow and succeed in the short and long term.
- A great working environment
- The opportunity to develop your skills within a growing company
- Staff discount
- Fantastic pension scheme
- We have up to 27 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more days
- Mental health is a top priority for De Beers Group.
- We offer free subscription to Headspace and have mental health first aider
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Employee share schemes and variable salary components
- Your Choice membership discounts
- Free on-site gym & classes
- Free breakfast and lunch at on-site staff restaurant
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.