Alexander McQueen are currently in search of a MRTW Design Studio Coordinator to join our busy Menswear Team based in our Central London HQ.
Working as part of the Studio Management team requires resilience, excellent time management and communication skills.
Success will be achieved through effective communication, thinking on your feet & demonstrating resourcefulness in a creative and fast paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organised individual with a passion for creativity and a ‘can do’ attitude.
How you will contribute?
- Manage the day to day running of the menswear studio – ensuring the space is always in a condition that allows the designers to work efficiently – includes managing rail storage, managing the fabric storage, allocating space to those who need more and keeping the entire space free from non-essential items which can build up quickly – working closely with the office management team to find solutions.
- General Studio Management support, to ensure a smooth, efficient, and effective running of the studio to facilitate collection launches (including IT set-up, design equipment, management of stationery and haberdashery supplies, courier coordination and compliance with H&S procedures always).
- Managing and coordinating travel, accommodation, and itineraries for employees across the design studio.
- Support in reviewing and managing the studio schedule on a weekly basis, managing amendments as required and communicating dates to the various teams.
- Organise and produce the look book prep days. Coordinating with the casting director models for prep days, booking in the photographer team, styling team, catering for 40+ people and ensuring the space is setup as per Sarah preference, keeping the standards high through the shoot.
- Locate and negotiate best prices for all research material needed by the design team throughout the season - whilst also finding original research pieces from specialist suppliers.
- Manage the technician calendar, working with the designers to preempt workload and upcoming projects. Booking all freelancers within the studio ensuring only highly skilled and suitable candidates are booked - this involves creating relationships with multiple agencies and negotiating best rates
- Provide financial administrative support to the Design studio, through managing the quarterly budget, processing employee’s monthly expenses (in accordance with Company policy), and managing petty cash and advances
- Assist the Product Development Coordinator with ad hoc projects as appropriate, including fittings
- Support in organizing catering and refreshments throughout the week for approximately the studio team; building strong relationships with suppliers to improve the offering and ensure best value for money.
- Act as the point of contact for all studio shipping requests – completing the relevant post BREXIT paperwork/ invoices and ensuring all custom procedures are adhered to. When issues arise work alongside the dedicated Postroom and McQueen logistics team to ensure problems are swiftly resolved to avoid delays to time sensitive deadlines.
- Work closely with the offsite archive team to ensure our dedicated studio area is kept in efficient, organized working order. Completing periodic clear-outs of the space and coordinating the designers to clear-out the vintage samples space. Liaise with the archive team and ensure correct procedures adhered to when returning archive McQueen samples and work in progress pieces.
- Organize all studio team social events – ensuring budgets are adhered to.