David Koma is a Georgian born, London based fashion designer who has become synonymous with the ultra body contouring silhouette. Creating sculptural statement dresses inspired by the feminine form, it is this design element that has projected the young designer onto the international stage.
After studying Fine Art in St Petersburg and showing his first collection at the age of 15, Koma moved to London in 2003 to take up a place at the prestigious Central St Martins College of Art and Design.
It was here that he channelled his love of fashion and honed his design skills to create his signature look. He completed his BA in Fashion Design and graduated with a distinction in MA Fashion in April 2009 under the mentorship of late Professor Louise Wilson, OBE.
Straight after graduation David Koma launched his eponymous label and is a participant of London Fashion Week.
In December 2013 David was appointed as Creative Director of French house Thierry Mugler. He left the House in December 2017Job description
We are offering an Internship in our in-house atelier to learn and gain experience in the development of a luxury ready-to-wear womenswear collection. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: - Assisting design team for day to day tasks in the studio - Sourcing fabrics, materials and trimmings - Prepare graphic artworks and embroideries placement - Working with materials in the luxury segment - Preparing swatches for the design and production department - Embroidery with crystals and metal embellishments - Assisting during fittings and alterations - Hand finishing garments - Preparing fabric panels for embroidery - Helping backstage and behind the scenes during the lookbook shoot - Joining the production team to conduct quality control and touch upsProfile
- Dedicated and interested in learning new techniques and the
development of a womenswear collection
- Can-do and proactive attitude
- Flexible, reliable and organized
- Clear understanding of patternmaking and cutting
- Attention to detail and quality
- Sewing isn’t required, but an understanding of the process is
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and writing
- Professional presentation and problem resolving skills
- Ability to work independent and within a team
- Knowledge and ability to work with Adobe Illustrator, PhotoshoopSpecific needsPlease attach CV and Portfolio. Only candidates with the required documents will be considered.