Summer 2023 Internship-Design
We make the world a brighter, happier place through the power of fragrance.
This idea is what we were founded on, and it’s at the heart of everything we do. We’re a team that cares about our customers and believes in giving them a reason to celebrate with fragrance every day.
We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture that is focused on delivering exceptional fragrances and experiences.
We work hard to improve our communities and our planet in a way that will make us proud for years to come...because we believe the world is a better place when everyone has access to the things that make them happy.
Our internship program is a dynamic group of emerging, high potential rising university seniors who will have the opportunity to participate in a 10-week summer internship at the World’s Leading Fragrance Specialty Retailer.
This internship will provide the opportunity for a comprehensive view of the various functional areas within specialty retail. You will have the opportunity to work along-side and learn from BBW associates who will provide training, development and engagement of your function and our Brand.
Our internship program is a key driver of our early career talent pool through realistic job previews and meaningful projects and assignments. Inclusion means that your ideas and insights will be meaningful and valued in influencing our business. We are looking for interns to learn and support our business strategies through curiosity, a passion for retail and a can-do attitude. BBW interns will have the following development opportunities:
• Mentorship and career development
• Professional development workshops
• Functional and brand learning
• Networking, social and philanthropy opportunities with fellow interns and business associates to develop relationships with each other and key leaders within BBW
The Design Team is looking for an energetic, creative, responsible individual who is flexible and willing to jump in wherever needed. This intern will work with designers to create commercially viable product designs, complete production files and prepare for print. They will support delivering brand-right designs that tie back to the overall concept and business strategy; encompassing style, color/print, fit and fabric for new/existing product lines.
• Assist designers in pulling current fashion trends, inspiration, color palettes and messaging
• Assist in completing the design board print outs
• Assist in the creation of brand-right, commercial designs that reflect the conceptual direction/business strategy
• Deliver design sketches/prototypes and provide specifications
• Adapt designs based on feedback, incorporating for finalization
• Brainstorm and present ideas to team
• Prepare materials for meetings and presentations and coordinate logistics
Total Rewards Package for Summer Interns
• Competitive hourly wages
• Furnished housing or living stipend
• Personal days & Summer Fridays
• 40% Merchandise Discount
• Hybrid working (function dependent)
• Successful interns could be considered for a full-time job upon completion
• University current juniors pursuing their bachelor’s degree and in good academic standing
• Must be able to work 40 hours per week during summer 2023
o Late May to early August
• Computer fluency with programs such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Innate curiosity and desire to learn, strong analytical and logical thinking skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Have a strong passion for retail
• Previous internship, customer service or leadership experience
• Ability to manage through conflict and problem-solve
• CS Training Level 3, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Strong sense of design with a focus on typography, placing print and pattern, and a great eye for detail and color sense
• Strong communication and presentation skills; can concisely present complex information/recommendations in terms meaningful to various audiences
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
WHO WE ARE:
Bath & Body Works is a global leader in personal care and home fragrance, including the #1 selling collections for fine fragrance mist, body lotion and body cream, 3-wick candles, home fragrance diffusers and liquid hand soap. Powered by agility and innovation, the company’s predominantly U.S.-based supply chain enables the company to deliver quality, on-trend luxuries at affordable prices. Bath & Body Works serves and delights customers however and wherever they want to shop, from welcoming, in-store experiences at more than 1,770 company-operated Bath & Body Works locations in the U.S. and Canada and more than 360 international franchised locations to an online storefront at bathandbodyworks.com.
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.