Summer Intern - Design
Macy's 2022 Parade Studio Summer Residency
We are looking for 2 students to enlist in a 10 week full-time paid program, covering all sides of the creative process. The students will be immersed in everything we do in our parade studio including but not limited to design, carpentry, sculpting, painting, electrical, engineering and welding. All positions are in-person on-site located at our Moonachie, New Jersey Parade Studio. Please note housing and/or transportation is not provided.
Job Title: Design Associate
Reports To: Creative Design Team
Program Start: June 6th 2022
New Hires Orientation: June 6th 2022
Rate: $18p/hr. (10 weeks/ full-time)
- Produce concept sketches to finished renderings, scale models and accompanying visual references for Studio Production.
- Works as a sketch artist, illustrator, sculptor, and model maker on floats, balloons and other studio projects.
- Collaborates with design team and the creative production team on research and design of projects for the Macy's Parade and other events.
- Develop files in 2D and 3D formats as virtual files and physical models.
- Assists in maintaining overall organization and inventory for all drawings, scale models, progress photos and the reference library.
- Work as needed as a hands on sculptor, painter, fabricator on Parade floats, balloons, costumes and other Studio projects.
- Works as needed off site to survey and translate into drawings areas such as event sites, marquees and store architecture for Flower Show and other events.
- Acts as a crewmember on installations, set-ups and take-downs.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by Parade Studio leadership.
- Collaborates as needed with outside clients and vendors.
Application deadline May 11th, 2022.