Supervisor I Visual Merchandiser
Stuart Weitzman shoes are designed for high fashion and high function. Known for over 35 years for it's artisanal Spanish craftsmanship and precisely-engineered fit, the luxury footwear brand inspires women around the world to shine with confidence with every step.
Stuart Weitzman is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our Peoplepage to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Client & Service Expert:
- Partner with Store Manager to develop business driving initiatives that build a repeat business or attract a new customer to the store.
- Communicate and achieve store productivity targets including sales per hour, adt, upt, and capture rate.
- Ensure all associates complete the sales training program and develops strong product knowledge across all categories.
- Model and supervise the selling environment, provide consistent coaching on sales training process in order to ensure the highest level of customer service and sales.
- Achievement of personal sales goals.
- Educate team on sales plans, personal sales goals, store stats and drives team to achieve them.
- Ensure the highest level of service is provided to all customers through extensive product knowledge and the completion of product profiles.
- Foster a team environment by creating a fun, competitive, inviting atmosphere.
Building Brand Equity:
- Understand and communicate the kate spade new york brand aesthetic, brand philosophy and lifestyle to the sales team and customer.
- Ensure brand and operating standards are met to support brand consistency.
- Ensure store presentation standards are achieved and maintained.
- Perform and supervise store opening and closing procedures including counting register funds, completing bank deposits, opening and closing registers and securing facility.
- Accurately processes all POS transactions and inventory functions such as transfers, receiving, fedex shipments, repairs and damages to maintain the integrity of the inventory.
- Adherence to Kate Spade loss prevention policies and operational procedures.
Education & Experience Required:
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in luxury goods or a comparable retail environment
- College degree preferred but not required
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Proactive ability to multi task and prioritize
- Available to work store schedule, as needed, including evenings and weekends
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
- Comfortable climbing ladders
Kate Spade New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus:Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results:Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly:Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Stuart Weitzman is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Stuart Weitzman at www.stuartweitzman.com.