SEEKING TOP TALENT TO CONNECT WITH OUR ICONIC BRAND
- Relocation Support Available -
Tiffany & Co. is one of the most legendary brands in the world today. With a history that spans back to 1837, Tiffany & Co is a jeweler and specialty retailer whose merchandise offerings include an extensive selection of jewelry, as well as timepieces, sterling silverware, china, crystal, stationery, fragrances and accessories. Tiffany & Co. operates a manufacturing facility in Cumberland RIwhere jewelry products unique to our company are crafted by a diverse workforce.
Tiffany offers our employees the resources they need to be successful in an environment that recognizes and rewards creativity, innovation, and dedication. We take great pride in helping each of our employees design an exciting future within our enduring tradition of excellence. At Tiffany & Co. an inspired career is lifes best accessory.
The Supervisor of Manufacturing is responsible for developing and maintaining a high-performance safety culture through the efficient management of a designated area within the Manufacturing environment. He/She will ensure change to continuously improve operating procedures and manufacturing processes and to provide superior internal customer service. The Supervisor provides all necessary direction to operators and input to support groups within his/her area of responsibility to ensure the proper and timely fulfillment of customer orders as well as overall responsibility for the safe.
- Proactively review all safety and health potential issues in areas of responsibility. Maintain a safe and clean work environment by ensuring compliance with Tiffany's established safety policies and procedures.
- Drive a culture of accountability to meet all quality requirements. Collaborate effectively with quality and process engineering staff to be accountable for continuous improvement. Ensure that training on quality expectations is conducted by Team Lead and understood. Interface with Engineers on process changes.
- Assist with the development of the capacity plan to meet the needs of the business. Effectively manage capacity and make recommendations on staffing needs to support the master production schedule in order to meet the daily delivery and financial goals.
- Drive daily production results and respond to changes in demand. Address/resolve conflicts regarding scheduling, production and personnel. Accountable for meeting request dates per production plans.
- Collaborate effectively and timely with NPD and Manufacturing engineering personnel to support and optimize the best processes for new products. Manage the successful transition of new products and technology into production. Ensure that the workforce is properly trained and developed on all products and processes.
- Drive continuous evaluation processes, formal and informal, of your workforce to ensure the business goals are met daily. Assess employees' 90-day/yearly performance reviews and provide timely feedback based on clearly established goals. Ensure all employees are in compliance of Tiffany's policies and procedures. Accurately complete administrative duties daily, including the Attendance Systems and tracker.
- Be fiscally responsible and effectively maintain cost controls within your area of responsibility while providing your workforce with the essential tools and materials to successfully complete their task.
- Associate or related technical degree and a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Good organization skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Technically proficient in understanding and interpret drawings
- Ability to work on Saturdays on a rotation schedule
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and/or priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
- 3+ years experience with enterprise-wide manufacturing systems
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or a technical discipline
- Knowledge of JD Edwards business system.
- JD Edwards E1 software
- Lean manufacturing principles, 5Sand/or six-sigma experience