Sweater Designer - Famous Fashion Brand
Our client, a well known fashion brand in NYC, is looking for a Sweater Designer to join their team!
- Work closely with Senior Designers to manage creative and technical development of seasonal assortment from concept through production stages
- Utilize Illustrator to develop CADs/ develop hand sketches
- Work closely with tech design team on flats
- Assist in research of seasonal trends, colors, raw materials, styling and trims.
- Help with cable layouts, stripe layouts, jacquard patterns, and stitch/swatch developments
- Assist with yarn sourcing with mills and issue yarn POs
- Participate in weekly fittings and provide comments
- Apparel Design degree and 5+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- PLM experience
- Detail oriented and able to work in fast-paced environment
- Technical sketching and CAD ability (flat) with understanding of sweater construction
- Knowledge of yarn construction and machine knitting
- Basic sewing skills
Please submit your resume & portfolio for consideration.
You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.