Sweater Designer - Luxury Market
Vince, established in 2002, is a leading global luxury apparel and accessories brand best known for creating elevated yet understated pieces for every day effortless style. Known for its range of contemporary products, Vince offers women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, footwear and accessories.
Vince is seeking a Sweater Designer for its Los Angeles, California Offices. Upon offer, this position will be relocated to Los Angeles. Relocation available.
Designer, Women’s Sweaters
Salary Range: $85,000-100,000 Annually
Los Angeles, CA
The Designer, Women’s Sweaters reports directly to the Sr. Director of Design, Women’s Sweaters.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Conceptualize and create compelling, brand right Women’s Sweaters for all Seasonal Deliveries.
- Engage in all aspects of design such as sketching, swatch and quality development, and fitting from Development through to Production.
- Work closely with manager and cross-functional teams to build brand right product that supports Vince’s financial and merchandising strategies.
- Strong hand sketching and computer sketching skills, with a superior understanding of proportion.
- Identify key seasonal knitwear trends and drive all corresponding development with oversees vendors.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with cross functional partners as needed.
- Engages with Tech Design and Production on fit intent and executes fit consistency.
- Performs additional duties and assignments, as requested.
- Follow up and coordinate all ongoing projects in order to meet stated deadlines.
- Have an entrepreneurial attitude to design.
What You’ll Bring:
- Business Acumen
- Operates With Autonomy
- Elevated Communicator
- Solution Oriented
Qualifications/Experience We’re Looking For:
- Must have worked with in Knitwear with a proven track record and examples of work.
- College degree in Design
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Sweater Design specially. Internship experience can be included in this experience.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work in a team environment.
- Must have contemporary experience and have worked in a fast pace environment.
- Must have a collection based mind set and an understanding of the contemporary Knitwear business.
- Must be able to present to senior management with confidence and a point of view.
- Must have full working knowledge of Knitwear Industry.
- Must be detail oriented and a strong self-starter.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment of constant shifting priorities and change
- Must have excellent working knowledge of excel, Illustrator and Photoshop.
Benefits at Vince:
- Competitive Paid Time Off, minimum vacation starts at 3 weeks annually
- Elective Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance effective the 1st of the month following your 30th day
- Monthly data/phone stipend for eligible roles
- Clothing Allowance & Merchandise Discounts
- Up to $600 Annual Gym Reimbursement
- A variety of mental health support tools and programs
- 401(k) auto-enrollment with employer match (traditional and/or Roth)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and/or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- A minimum of 12-weeks fully paid parental leave after 1 year of service
- Supplemental coverage for infertility treatments
- Employer-paid Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance, Legal Insurance
- And more..
Vince, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Vince, LLC also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.