Tailoring Senior Designer
FRAME is an American fashion brand renowned for its collections in denim, cotton, leather and cashmere.
The company’s founders Erik Torstensson and Jens Grede strive to design a modern versatile wardrobe through signature denim fits, cotton shirting and coveted leather pieces.
Since the brand’s inception in 2012 in Los Angeles, California, FRAME has evolved from making handcrafted denim to offering ready-to-wear and accessories collections in the finest natural materials.
FRAME is committed to sustainable and fair manufacturing practices, balancing profit with a commitment to people and planet. Today, FRAME is sold through its own retail stores and e-commerce as well as through leading department stores and boutiques across the world.
FRAME is a brand that bridges the heritage and quality of manufacturing in Los Angeles with a distinctly European aesthetic. Its collections take inspiration from a French way of "dressed up casual" embodied by the style icons of the 1970’s.
Since the brand’s inception in 2012, FRAME has rapidly evolved from the off-duty models favorite denim brand, to a fashion house that produces four ready-to-wear collections a year.
With headquarters split between Culver City, Los Angeles and Fitzrovia, London, FRAME is known for its coveted wardrobe classics, American craftsmanship and its loyal following.
Reporting to the Director of Ready-To-Wear, the Tailoring Designer will collaborate and partner with the Director of Ready-To-Wear, to create a line that is on trend, sellable and has the FRAME brand integrity within our Ready-to-Wear category.
- Researches trends and applies newness and modernity to the FRAME brand during the design process.
- Presents market research and sketches to the Director of Ready-To-Wear for TAILORED category.
- Helps to manage the design process from initial sketch to production.
- Helps to ensure top quality of all category products.
- Works closely with Assistant Designer and Associate Designer to ensure that all trim designs and sample orders are handed off to TBGS according to calendar.
- Delegates appropriate tasks/ projects to the Associate / Assistant Designer and monitors and reviews their progress.
- Provides leadership and serves as a mentor to the Associate / Assistant Designers.
- Partners closely with the Production team to ensure timely production goals are met.
- Collaborates with Patternmakers, Development and Technical Designers to confirm desired garment construction and look.
- Meets with trim vendors to research new ideas, details and trends.
- Coordinates with the Fabric Manager to ensure all fabric and yarn information is current and orders sample yardage for development samples.
- Participates in fabric selections and initial print reviews during seasonal meetings.
- Attends fittings and works with the Tech team to ensure design intent and fits are properly executed.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 7-9 years of Fashion Design experience with a concentration on TAILORED product is a must
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or equivalent required
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel and Word is needed
- Ability to mentor and motivate a team
- Excellent verbal and written communicator