Tech Designer - Denim
Contemporary denim brand that is combining thoughtful and socially responsible designed jeans in Los Angeles is now hiring a technical designer ( Tech Designer ). Extensive technical design in denim and must have a clear understanding of garment construction. Maintaining a consistent fit for the brand is key. This role will work alongside a seasoned Technical Design team to support day-to-day tasks and will be able to learn from experienced individuals in the industry. The technical designer will have their hands in all areas of the production, and full life cycle experience from Design to Pre-Production is ideal to be able to jump right into the role.
- Define the fit of a garment; create spec sheets for tech packs.
- Accurately determine fit issues and communicate corrections verbally in fittings and concisely written via fit comments.
- Responsible for grading.
- Pattern corrections sketching in Adobe Illustrator.
- Create and maintain block library, fit and construction standard, understand fabrics and how specifications impact garment fit stretch, recovery, etc.
- Maintain all Spec Sheets in the Full Circle system
- Set up tech pack templates, tracking reports, block and body spreadsheets
- Thoroughly measure and review all samples in preparation of fitting
- Lead Proto and SMS sample fittings to pass off to Pre-Production
- Communicate day-to-day status updates with Design and Production as needed.
- 5+ years minimum DENIM Technical Design
- Strong sketching skills. Must be able to sketch on Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability to prioritize workload based on general team direction and workflow understanding
- Strong working knowledge in Illustrator, and Excel, sewing construction, and pattern making knowledge.
- Adobe Illustrator Sketching
- Ability to communicate in writing clear and concise thoughts
- Knowledge of Pattern Making and Sewing Construction
- Excellent, demonstrable verbal and written communication