Tech Designer (Men's)
Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last—for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands committed to stretching what’s possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. VisitOur Peoplepage to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Manager, Technical Design RTWCoach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Title:Technical Designer, RTW
Primary Purpose:Technical Designer is a strategic partner responsible for the execution of RTW product from development to commercialization. They are responsible for analyzing and evaluating garments to deliver the correct fit specifications and brand aesthetic. Cross functional partner to the Design, Product Development, and Atelier and Regional Support teams.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Technical Design to...
- Oversee and communicate development and fit specifications from initial concept to the end product.
- Create development tech packs for direct launches with draping’s and mock-ups to achieve Designer’s aesthetic as required
- Manage production fittings and the pre-production process ensuring all approvals are within the timeline and action plan.
- Support and collaborate with factory technical teams.
- Review bulk production reports and work with cross-functional team to create corrective action plans.
- Participate in research and development of new techniques and fits where applicable to support Design and Product Development.
- Risk Assessment Management on a seasonal basis working closely with RM partners to mitigate product risk at an early stage in development process
- Establish strong relationships with cross functional and global partners.
- Highly solution oriented.
- Strong knowledge in pattern making and garment construction.
- Good eye for proportion and design aesthetic. Attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Proficiency in Web PDM, PLM, Illustrator and Outlook, pattern making, sewing, garment construction and engineering.
- Good verbal and written communication and influencing skills.
- Product risk mitigation.
- Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.