Technical Design Assistant
Hanna Andersson is a Portland, Oregon-basedpremier children’s lifestyle brand. At Hanna, our mission isto outfit the adventure of childhood, which is influenced by the Swedish expression, "den röda tråden" which means "the red thread"—the throughline that ties everything together and gives it meaning. This means that we create clothing with happy designs andHanna-me-down quality that embraces the Scandinavian principles of sustainability, intentional design, and childhood independence.
We cultivate our unique brand by hiring team members who own a customer service mindset, and who are innovative, results-oriented, and comfortable working in a collaborative and growth-driven work environment. We all share in our brand’s success, and we actively encourage our team members to maintain a healthy balance in their daily lives.
Assist the Technical Designer in seasonal style development for assigned category/categories from design handoff to production approval status for on time delivery. Help the Technical Designer ensure items are in appropriate fabrics, that measurements reflect the design intent and that construction details maintain quality standards while reflecting manufacturability and cost efficiencies. Manage work flow, deadlines and communication with both internal and external customers.
- Work closely with Technical Designer to establish style fit intent. Determine best construction technique for optimal quality and function. Provide base size and graded garment specifications
- Assist in managing garment details to ensure quality and adherence to divisional fit and construction standards
- Create and communicate initial tech packs for each style to vendors. Tech pack includes technical illustrations
- Measure and prepare garments for fittings. Assist in fitting on live models
- Provide fit comments to vendors
- Daily communication with vendors regarding fit samples, comments, and corrections
- Attend and participate in CFT meetings for assigned category/categories
- Maintain style tracking information for each style throughout development and pre-production process. Meet GTM calendar and production approval deadlines to ensure on time delivery
- Assist in other categories and duties as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Apparel Design, Textiles, Fashion Merchandising or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years experience in Technical Design
- Understanding of patternmaking and grading knowledge desired
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve and multi-task
- Strong organizational skills; efficient; detail oriented
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of PLM systems is a plus
- Be a Brand Ambassador at all times –be highly engaged and represent our passion for our brand, our products and our company
- Ability to spend the majority of each eight hour day completing tasks on the computer
Benefits & Perks:
Hanna Andersson believes that health, wellness, and security should be shared by everyone. Thus, we offer the following benefits and perks for our team members:
- Medical/dental/vision with HSA & Healthcare FSA
- Generous time off policy
- Flexible hybrid work schedule
- Wellness program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Short/long term disability
- Transit flex plans
- Merch discount
- A seriously dog-friendly corporate office
Hanna Andersson provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hanna Andersson prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation of any kind. Hanna Andersson encourages applicants of all ages.