Technical Design Assistant
The Technical Design Assistant is responsible for supporting the Technical Design team in product development of styles from design concept to final production ready prototype under the guidance of a Senior Technical Designer.
Position Details Work Environment: At Duluth Trading Company, we fundamentally believe in strong in-person interactions as our culture thrives when we learn, create, and collaborate with each other. We also believe that the future of work at Duluth Trading Company includes flexibility. The position will be based in our corporate headquarters, near Madison, WI, but it will offer a hybrid work arrangement allowing the flexibility to work a few days a week from home.
What You’ll Do:
- Track fit samples, maintain fit agenda
- Prepare garments for fit sessions
- Maintain cross functional fitting calendar
- Assist in fit session on live model or fit form
- Assist with fit comments and analyze garment construction
- Communicate daily with suppliers
- Compile customer return rates and customer feedback
- Update product specifications, technical illustrations, and constructions callouts in Adobe Illustrator/PLM
- Complete projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Design and Development
- Equivalent work experience would be considered
- Internship in field of study
- Exposure to (foundation of) fit analysis and patternmaking
- Basic knowledge of apparel construction and components
- Ability to sketch in Adobe illustrator
- Computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook
- Solid foundation of prioritization and organizational skills
- Solid foundation of interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Compensation: $20.94 to $24/hour
Compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Duluth Trading CompanyStarted in 1989, Duluth Trading Company exists to enable hard-working individuals to take on life with their own two hands. Folks that revel in doing it the hard way and celebrate finding a better way. We seek talented individuals who share these beliefs and are excited to further the Duluth Trading legacy with a digital-first mindset, always moving forward and always innovating.From ingenious Duluth workwear, to comfortably capable Buck Naked Underwear, to outside-embracing AKHG, to meticulously built and sourced Best Made, it’s all about the innovative gear and gadgets that equip customers for a more hands-on way of life.Top-notch quality, immersive storytelling, outstanding customer service, and the shared belief that the go-all-in-and-dig-deep spirit exists with everyone are what sets Duluth Trading Co. apart. We seek talented folks looking to be part of a can-do team that’s hellbent on helping the world to gear up, get its hands dirty, and do.