We are an established woman’s fashion apparel brand with years of steady growth and expansion into different channels of distribution. Our Technical Design Department is looking to bring on a technical Designer to support this continued growth, capable of working independently as well as acting as liaison between the CEO, design, production, and the factories. The technical designer must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and must be detail oriented and deadline driven along with the ability to multitask.
The Technical Designer will lead his/her own fit sessions, will make technical recommendations to cross functional partners while maintaining design intent and product commercialization. He/she will work closely with the design, production, and outside vendors to implement consistent fit aesthetic, construction, high quality standards, consistent grade rule and tolerances.
- Ability to quickly measure, evaluate and create approvals for garment based on construction details, sketches, and BOM.
- Able to fit on both dress forms and live model/body.
- Communicate and provide clear direction to overseas factories regarding fit samples.
- Ability to execute design and fit into commercially acceptable protos while maintaining brand DNA.
- Maintain written reports and fit records for communication with factories.
- Create and maintain tracking reports of pending samples and samples statuses.
- Perform and manage special projects as assigned.
- Drives the proto approval process and fit consistency across all brands within the division.
- Strong garment construction and grading knowledge across different size ranges.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of how sewing and different construction techniques can enhance the fit and aesthetic across multiple fabrications.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize based on current business objectives.
- Ensuring the time and action calendars are met each season.
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Able to work in person in the office.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree preferred or equivalent manufacturing experience and/or working with a design team to execute design intent.
- 3+ years minimum of industry experience working as a technical designer.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Intimate Apparel
- Effective Communication- excellent verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of garment manufacturing process.
- Organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Strong computer skills (PLM, Illustrator and Excel)
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills