Title: TECHNICAL DESIGNER
Reports To: DIRECTOR, PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Department: PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Who We Are:
We’re a live good brand that brings together a collective of the most imaginative entrepreneurial brands dedicated to making you look and feel good, and that’s just the beginning.
The launch of this exciting business took flight in September of 2021. Now, thousands of Independent Purpose Partners introduce new people to Think Goodness’ meaningful, brand collective every day. We help others achieve their dreams by being a force for good int their communities across the U.S. and Canada. We believe that doing good can literally change the world. It’s something to be shared. A chance to bring a smile to someone you’ve never even met before. A way to radiate goodness and spread happiness that cannot be ignored. That’s why every purchase gives back to our Giving Goodness Foundation™️, making true impacts - both big and small. It allows us to do Random Acts of Goodness and deliver joy, happiness, and hope to everyone we come across, making the world a little brighter. A little better. A little more fun. A lot more GOOD! Check us out at www.thinkgoodenss.com
Who will Love This Role:
- A collaborator -you love to partner with others in your work and are comfortable with team environments.
- A problem solver -you ask the right questions to uncover root cause and quickly adapt to a well-thought-out result.
- An innovator -you aren't afraid to build something, improve it, & learn from it. Failing to succeed is something you are very comfortable doing.
The Heartbeat of This Role:
Think Goodness is seeking a Technical Designer who will work closely with the Product Development team members to document jewelry designs for manufacture in a fast-paced and energetic environment. As an ideal candidate you will use CAD tools to aid in functional problem solving for the jewelry product line of the company. Expectations will be the ability to take concept and sketch work created by the design team and use best CAD and drafting practices, document them in precise technical drawing views for delivery to domestic and overseas manufacturers. Under direction, your work will be an influential part of the process for the entire product development life cycle and as a result you will draw on your strong collaborative team skills to ensure a smooth transition of ideas to finished results. This role has the opportunity to transition into a design position if the candidate demonstrates superior design ability and a desire to grow within the company.
- Ability to think in 3 dimensions and understand product ideas through sketch representations
- Keenly aware of great jewelry & fashion aesthetic & functional design
- Excellent Adobe Illustrator skills
- Demonstrated use of orthographic views, perspective, and scale for product documentation
- Ability to create technical drawings within 3D CAD and Adobe Illustrator
- Solid sense of color combinations and materials as they relate to fashion jewelry
- Familiarity with combining colors, shapes, and text for visually pleasing layouts
- Competency in Graphic Design a plus
- Packaging design background a plus
- Comfort in hand sketching and/or product design a plus
- Precise attention to detail
- Communication & collaboration
- Strong organization skills
Must Have Minimums:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design, graphic design, technical drawing or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience as a technical drawing or design professional
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- 3D CAD Software (SolidWorks preferred)
- 3D printing experience a plus
The Cool Other Stuff:
- Comprehensive HSA Health plans, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer paid STD, LTD, Basic Life Insurance, Healthiest You Teladoc, Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible scheduling | Hybrid Workforce (2 days in office, 3 from home)
- 401(K) Plan with matching
- 14 Paid holidays –includes 2, 4-day weekends
- Generous team member discounts on all Think Goodness quality products & gifts
- Paid volunteer hours for Give Back goals
**submit resumes to[email protected] **
Please include relevant portfolio and/ or work examples with your resume submission.
While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to sit continuously to perform essential job functions throughout the entire shift. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods, throughout the day. Requires interacting with others, interpreting spoken messages, constant keyboarding, sitting, hearing and talking are required. The employee will occasionally stand and walk, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling, being mobile on even surfaces.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Think Goodness is an Equal Opportunity Employer