Our purpose as a company is to inspire and empower families to lead fulfilled lives–to let our customers know that the things that make their lives better are within their reach. That goes for our associates too. We want you to grow professionally and personally, so we offer empowerment and potential in an environment that makes you feel at home. We’re down to earth, but we’re up for the challenge. We’re friendly, but we’re focused. We work hard, but we have fun. Experience life at Kohl’s.
Executes product technical specifications for multiple or complex programs for Kohl's Proprietary Brands.ACCOUNTABILITIES
EXECUTES PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND DRIVE CONSISTENT STANDARDS FOR COMPLEX CATEGORY AND/OR MULTIPLE BRANDS
- Completes accurate technical specifications that adhere to Kohl's Brand ID, Minimum Construction Standards, Tolerances and Grading requirements.
- Partners with Product Integrity to understand performance testing protocols and develop/ engineers product to requirements.
- Performs benchmarking, maintains awareness of market trends, reviews competition and makes recommendations based on learnings.
- Utilizes industry knowledge of product development of fit, mass production to resolve issues and make suggestions that will result in a quality product that fits great at a value in cost while building relationships with suppliers & peers.
- Proficient knowledge of Grading & Consistency. Strong ability to assess issues regarding sizing, grading and driving consistency. Partners with TD Leadership for alignment and implement change and impact with the Vendor/ Supplier.
- Prepares for Seasonal sample Fit Benchmark by reviewing samples, taking photos and compiling necessary information to share with Design. Understands wide or complex scope of fit variances across the retail market. Presents Benchmark, clearly share hypothesis and recommends change for product improvements .
- Partners with Lead Tech Designer to guide new hires on Kohl's processes and procedures.
- Accountable for sample development timing & deadlines.
EXECUTES SAMPLE REVIEWS FOCUSING ON FIT/ FUNCTIONALITY, CONSTRUCTION, CONSISTENCY & COST ENGINEERING
- Prepares for sample reviews by organizing sample evaluation, scheduling review time and communicating with cross functional teammates (where applicable).
- Evaluates samples to ensure they meet requirements for dimensions, product attributes, construction, fit/functionality, and workmanship.
- Applies working knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements, safety protocols, and performance standards across categories.
- Conducts quality analysis of samples to identify issues and recommends solutions to cross-functional partners and/or QA/PI that deliver to customer expectations.
- Effectively conducts a sample review (fit session), recommending product changes in fit, construction and suggesting design aesthetics adjustments while also delivering accurate and timely sample approvals.
- Recommends the best solution to effectively reduce cost impacts associated with product revisions post sample review (fit sessions). Intiaties alignment on such solutions with cross functional team, QA/PI or Manager as needed.
- Concludes analysis & feedback of sample evaluation by clearly communicating effective sample corrections for Vendor through written communication, sketches, photos and other effective media achieving best quality, fit & value (cost).
CONDUCTS VENDOR PARTNER COMMUNICATIONS
- Communicates technical specifications to Vendor via PLM on product issues during product development cycle.
- Partners with Vendors on product details, problem solving and feedback.
- Engages with Certified Technical Designers and Vendors to guide better results on product development process.
- Assists with Vendor onboarding and Certified Technical Designer training program.
DRIVES CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Recommends solutions in efficiencies on process or product to promote best outcome for Kohl's workplace and/or customer.
- Understands divisional strategic initiatives and proactively works to implement supporting technical strategies
- Remains current in industry-leading manufacturing practices and equipment.
- Drives creation/evolution of product standards as needed.
- Partners with Product Integrity team to facilitate adherence to best quality.
CUSTOMER FACING PRODUCT VALIDATION
-5 Star Engineering / Fit
-Voice of Customer
- 5+ years previous experience in Technical Design, Fashion Design, Pattern Making, Manufacturing or similar industry
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design, Apparel Manufacturing or similar field of expertise
- Experience using PLM and Adobe-Illustrator or similar specification package and sketching programs
- Knowledge of textiles, construction & pattern making/grading