THIS IS A TEMP TO PERM OPPORTUNITY
One of our major Bridesmaids designers is currently looking for a Technical Designer for their Downtown LA office. The role is fully in the office 5 days a week, 40 hours per week.
The Company is a direct-to-consumer bridal brand focusing on affordable, on-trend bridesmaid
dresses, gifts & accessories for millennial women.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Technical Designer
The Company is looking for a Technical Designer to join their Product Development team. This role will require working in their DTLA studio, with some options for remote.
The Technical Designer will demonstrate expertise and knowledge in Apparel Production concepts, practices, and procedures. The ideal candidate will have proven success in an Apparel/Garment construction and Manufacturing environment or in a related field.
The Technical Designer is responsible for a cross-functional position that interacts with both
the creative and executive parts of the business. This role will work with our other Technical Designer, Product Development team, and Production team.
The company requires all employees who physically interact with others as part of their job duties to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or medical reasons.
● Work on Fit and Product Development
● Ensure products are developed in a manner consistent with established fit and quality standards,
manufacturer capabilities, and cost specifications
● Provide fit guidance and ensure overall customer fit consistency across styles and sizes
● Make appropriate fit and construction adjustments with factories as needed to match approved
design and samples, while monitoring quality
● Liaise with designer (PD team/ CEO) to determine product development specifications and details
on cost and quality related choices for product components and production techniques
● Oversee Samples to Production
● Manage and communicate with overseas agents and factories
● Lead and monitor the complete production process from proto, samples, to bulk production.
Maintain production timeline and manage lead time
● Resolve production issues and problems to ensure on-time production and delivery of quality
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE: QUALIFICATIONS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
EDUCATION: College degree required
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS:
● 5+ industry experience with-in Technical Design or Patternmaking
● Experience with dresses, eveningwear, or special occasion
● Proficiency in PC operation, MS office and Excel, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator software
● Experience using a product development technical specification program (PDM, PLM, WFX etc).
● Understanding of Technical Design process and product construction
● Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment
● Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment
● Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to
● Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands
● Ability to demonstrate proactive problems solving skills
NICE TO HAVES
● Start-up experience - a plus!
● Experience with bridal apparel