Our client is looking for a both a junior and mid-level Apparel Technical Designer, with relevant experience in these product categories (athletic, outdoor, golf and swim/bra) at a successful design firm or retailer. The ideal candidate must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of fit fundamentals including grading, patternmaking and apparel construction and manufacturing methods. Technical Designers lead teams of 1-2 Associate/Assistant Tech Designers by driving accountability, mentoring and providing actionable feedback and coaching. This technical designer will be supporting the Product Development-Softline's Team and the ideal candidate would report to the Manager of Technical Design.
***Our Client offers a relocation package to Pittsburgh, PA
- Manage the fit and construction of garments for larger categories for vertical brands (approximately 75-90 products/season).
- Deliver high-quality products in alignment with the brand standards and our athlete’s expectations for aesthetic, quality and fit.
- Ensure that product maintains design intent while meeting all company margin targets and on time deliverables.
- Run fittings, create initial specs, make spec adjustments, and communicate to the Product Manager and Designers recommendations to ensure the best product is delivered.
- Collaborate with Product Manager and the Design team to translate the product design and style vision into a consistent fit and quality level by the development of the technical specification.
- Fit Development and leading fit sessions
- Tech pack creation and maintenance
- Competitive Research and Analysis
- Manage & Develop Talent
- Bachelor Degree in Apparel, Construction or Textiles, or equivalent industry experience
- Technical Design and apparel grading experience
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Optitex
- Experience with 3D Fit Technology
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system experience