Meet the Owned Brand division of REVOLVE:
REVOLVE is the next-generation fashion retailer for millennial and Generation Z consumers. As a trusted, premium lifestyle brand and a go-to source for discovery and inspiration, REVOLVE delivers an engaging customer experience from a vast yet curated offering of over 45,000 products. Founded in Los Angeles in 2003 by co-CEOs, Michael Mente and Mike Karanikolas, REVOLVE’s family of brands includes their luxury offering, FORWARD, and a portfolio of 24 owned brands such as Lovers + Friends, Tularosa, NBD and RAYE.
The Owned Brand division within REVOLVE is an industry-leading fashion design and production house based in Los Angeles. Leveraging the power of REVOLVE’s data driven merchandising, combined with raw creative talent results in an unparalleled ability to identify a specific market niches, developing brands that each have their own identity, designed with a distinct consumer interest and personality in mind.
At REVOLVE the most successful team members have the thirst and creativity to redefine fashion retail for the 21st century, making REVOLVE THE leading online retail destination targeted towards Millennial and Generation Z consumers seeking premium fashion. With a team of 1,000 strong, we are a dynamic bunch that are motivated by getting the company to the next level. It’s our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment. In return, we promise to keep REVOLVE a company where inspired people will always thrive.
To take a behind the scenes look at the REVOLVE “corporate” lifestyle check out our Instagram @REVOLVEcareers or #lifeatrevolve.
Are you ready to set the standard for Premium apparel?
Main purpose of the position:
This is a full-time role for a mid to senior level candidate who is meticulous with details and driven by the technical aspect of the design process for the a specific category. This Technical Designer will join an existing team of technical designers and have a hand in creating styles that will be worn by thousands of people worldwide. The person in this role will bring with them drive and passion for developing technically sound garments. This position required an out of the box thinker who can collaborate with the existing team, outside vendors, and across all levels of the organization.
Position responsibilities and daily tasks:
- Evaluate and spec samples to determine compliance of specs, construction, quality and design intent
- Illustrate pattern corrections and style comments with Photoshop or Illustrator to communicate accurate and precise corrections to overseas vendors
- Detail comments and address all garment corrections with factory representatives
- Collaborate with tech, design, PD and purchasing to ensure design intent is executed with the highest quality of fit, construction and workmanship while maintain deadlines
- Lead fit sessions for the category
- Ensure meticulous notes are taken during session to so correct information is communicated to vendors and production
- Ensure all samples are fit and comments are processed within a timely manner
- Work within calendar to ensure deadlines are maintained
- Successfully manage a team of junior Tech Designers
- Complete ad hoc assignments as assigned by management
What does a candidate need to demonstrate to perform this job successfully:
- Advanced knowledge of garment construction specifically
- Advanced knowledge of patterns
- Advanced knowledge of fabrications and their applications
- Advanced knowledge of target specs, POMs and grading
- Ability to independently lead fitting for the segment
- Ability to manage brands / capsules
- Advanced ability to quickly and accurately identify fit issues and the necessary corrections
- Advanced understanding of silhouette and how to execute in fitting
- Advanced ability to prioritize workload, send comments within timely manner and ensure deliveries are met
- Advanced understanding of fit revisions effect on cost
- Advanced ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to ensure deliveries are met
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced ability to lead, manage and train multiple lower level designers and multiple brand categories
- Proactive, self-motivated, advanced knowledge of how to delegate and still meet deadlines with "get it done" attitude
- Advanced attention to detail and mistakes and problem solving skills
- Advanced leadership skills
- Must be able to able and willing to lift and carry up to 10 lbs., perform frequent repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
Minimum candidate qualifications (years of experience, education level, technical skills, software, etc):
- Degree in apparel manufacturing, product development or apparel design related field
- 7+ years work experience as a Technical Designer
- Prior managerial experience
- In depth knowledge of fabric, apparel, materials, construction and fit
Preferred qualifications (years of experience, education level, technical skills, software, etc):
- Consistent work experience and steady career progression as a technical designer
- Work experience at premium and/or contemporary woman’s fashion brands