Our client is a vintage-inspired Los Angeles fashion label known for its new take on classic '90s cuts and their universally flattering fits and they are looking for a Technical Designer to join their team. Please see below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Call out all construction and specs in tech packs after reviewing with designer
- Send all tech packs to designated vendors
- Schedule fittings with designer and fit model per delivery windows of samples
- Approve and submit all fit model invoices
- Spec all samples that come in before fitting
- Make sure carry over body specs match approved production specs in reorders
- Attend all fittings, take fit notes and apply fit comments to comprehensive template for overseas communication
- Send fit comments to vendors and answer any follow up questions
- Keep track of sample development ie) first proto, second proto through to SMS
- Manage Pre-Production Fit Scheudles, Fittings & T/P update for PPS specs.
- Responsible for TOP spec & Approval for Standard & Extended sizes for bulk approval.
- Keep tech packs and spec sheets up to date per style per season for standard sizing & extended sizing
- Implement in house wear tests and communicate info to design team, strategize construction to improve fits of carry over bodies for all sizing
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator , Photoshop & MS Office (Excel)
- Strong understanding of garment fit, construction, digital patterns & grading
- Very strong organizational skills with high attention to detail are an absolute must for this role
- Ability to prioritize a demanding workload and adapt to changing priorities and responsibilities
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Experience working with overseas factories
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
Please submit a resume for immediate consideration!
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose by visiting workgrades.com/home/candidate. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.
We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.