Technical Designer - Apparel
Manhattan-based apparel company looking for a full time Technical Designer to monitor the garment technical processes from development to final production. This is a Monday to Friday, in-office position. Candidates are required to have strong technical and computer skills, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Creating, preparing, and updating/revising technical packages and patterns accurately and in a timely manner for off-site vendors
- Identifying potential design/technical challenges and suggesting practical and effective solutions
- Reviewing and checking incoming samples (development, fit, PP and TOP) for spec accuracy, balance, workmanship and overall quality before sample hand-off to client
- Sending fit comments to and following up on fit, PP and TOP status with overseas vendors
- 3+ years of technical experience in Young Men’s and Junior sportswear is preferred. Additional experience in Boys, Girls, Big and Tall and/or Junior Plus is a plus. Entry Level candidates will also be considered for the position.
- Clear understanding of pattern-making/grading and how fabric and trims affect garment’s fit
- High proficiency with software tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of or proficiency in CorelDraw is a plus
- Demonstration of a highly organized and strong work ethic, and professional communication skills
- Careful record-keeping and timely (but accurate) completion of tasks
- Understanding of collaborating on digital files with other coworkers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong critical thinking skills, written & verbal communications, and listening & eliciting feedback skills
Compensation will be based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to have full COVID-19 vaccination + booster per CDC guideline.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Garment construction: 2 years (Preferred)
- Fashion design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location