Technical Designer Apparel & Accessories
STRATA is an apparel & fashion company headquartered in Miami, Florida. Offering elevated essentials for the music inspired individual. The brand is marketed through friends, artists, and musicians centered around music culture.
Established in 2009.
Onsite: Miami (Arts District)
Responsible for maintaining quality and fit integrity/consistency from proto stage through production, while maintaining product design integrity within calendar deadlines. The Technical Designer must have experience with all apparel categories & accessories. Insure all product is manufacturing ready at time of order placement. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
- Lead fit sessions for assigned categories and execute style to final fit, quality and construction.
- Communicate all fit, measurement, quality and construction comments/issues via e-mail to import and domestic vendors.
- Ensure brand fit consistency is maintained seasonally. Work closely with production team on fit/construction requirements.
- Responsible for day to day cross-functional partnership with Design, Production Sourcing Managers and product development.
- Manage the day to day development of product line that adheres to seasonal calendars and sourcing strategy. Track fit sample progress.
- In conjunction with Management develop consistent size and fit standards; grade rules and tolerances; construction and quality standards; standard pattern blocks and tech pack blocks; how to measure standards.
- Insure all technical packs are updated and distributed. Develop spec/construction blocks at start of each season.
- Create manufacture-ready technical specification packages at the start of each season.
- Collaborate with QC/Audit/Sourcing department in reviewing/resolving production quality issues.
- Any responsibilities specified by production or design management.
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 1-2 Years.
- Must have cut/sew & screen printing experience.
- Maintain internal technical packs.