The Technical Designer, in partnership with Design and Production teams, ensures all product is consistent with brand standards and seasonal design concepts for a specific classification. The Associate Technical Designer leverages skills in garment grading/specifications, fit and construction, fabrics, sewing operations, and pattern making to fulfill these objectives. This role will focus on Lucky Brand and Women’s woven categories.
• Work with design team to develop initial specs for each new season
• Create initial specification sheet to accompany tech pack
• Work with production teams to prioritize fit samples by delivery or importance for each fitting
• Work with technical team to manage and allocate fit schedule based on priorities
• Ensure all make details are produced as per development package
• Note all design and spec discrepancies prior to fittings
• Review all fit samples against design package to ensure all specs and design details are followed correctly
• Use flat sketches and digital photo images as necessary to communicate corrections to vendor
• Enforce company grade rules and tolerances
• Establish fit consistency across vendors
• Flexible, organized, team player
• Degree in design, production
• Pattern making experience, a plus
• Knowledge of fabrics, trims and sewing operations associated with standard product types
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Computer skills (Excel, Illustrator and Photoshop)
• Travel may be required, based on business needs.
• Adhere to regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration. Job duties may be performed effectively using the hybrid work program designated by the company.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor as the company retains the right to change duties to this position.
• Must have authorization to work in the United States.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Ability to maintain regular and timely attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 8 hours per day
• Ability to constantly operate a computer, other office equipment and look at a monitor for up to 8 hours per day
• Ability to clearly and accurately communicate and exchange information verbally, in writing, or through other means in person, telephonically, or through virtual communication methods
• Ability to reach at or below shoulder level
• Ability to carry equipment, move boxes/samples, etc.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $85,000 annually. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to position offered and work experience. In addition to your salary, SPARC Group, and its affiliated brands, offers a benefits package, including 401(k) plan, overtime pay, flexible work schedule and a generous employee discount program (all benefits are based on eligibility). Additional information regarding the benefits for this position can be found in the Benefits Guide that is available from our Human Resources Department.
SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law. We are also committed to the full inclusion of qualified individuals in the job application and interview process.
Employees are expected to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), and applicable state disability laws, it is the policy of SPARC to provide a reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation is required to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our Human Resources department.