Our client in the textile & design industry, which is known for homeware and apparel, is hiring a Technical Designer. This organization has a growing range of collaborations with designers and private-label clients. The studio’s collection of textiles, apparel, and tabletop accessories is currently designed entirely by their Founder/Creative Director, and they are looking to expand our creative team with refreshing ideas and enthusiasm.
Purpose of the role:
As a Technical Designer, you will collaborate closely with our founder on bringing new designs and ideas to life. You will have an eye for technical detail and enjoy the responsibility of working closely with their network of craftsmen and manufacturers to maintain the excellent standards for which the company is known. The position is suitable for someone highly organized with excellent communication skills. Reporting to the Founder, the successful applicant will relish owning a crucial part of the growth journey of an exciting brand within a small team. This is a full-time position, based at the offices in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Product Development: an eye for technical and practical details, ability to problem solve, and talent for bringing different threads together to ensure new developments get to market.
- Technical Drawings: create and maintain our suite of product specification sheets.
- Manufacture: consistent communication, written and verbal, with craftsmen and manufacturers around the world, for the development of new products, ensuring a seamless flow of detailed information, thus streamlining the sampling process.
- Proficiency in CAD, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of product development, technical drawings, and streamlining the sampling process.
- Experience in textiles a plus.