Northstar is a global design and sourcing house that helps elevate footwear and apparel brands by providing end-to-end design and production services. From design and development to sourcing and quality assurance, we work as an extension of our clients' businesses to help them scale without supply chain overhead. Our in-house design team and industry experts work with the world's biggest brands and startups to launch products faster and improve visibility and QC.
This is a full-time Technical Designer role located in El Segundo, CA. The Technical Designer will be responsible for day-to-day tasks including technical design, garment construction, fitting, pattern making, and architecture for footwear and apparel products. Additionally, the Technical Designer will collaborate with the design team, sample room, and production team to ensure that products meet design, fit, and quality standards.
- Technical Design, Garment Construction, and Fitting skills
- Pattern Making and Architecture skills
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in technical design
- Experience with mens and womens apparel products
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and PLM software is a plus
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment