FIGS is looking for a Technical Designer to join the Technical Design team. As a member of this team, you will be leading fit sessions, communicating revisions to vendors and working cross-functionally to ensure accuracy of tech packs. We are looking for someone with strong skill sets in apparel technical design and pattern-making with an understanding of design and development process from inception through production). In this role, you will report directly into our Senior Technical Designer and will frequently interact with our Product Development, Design and Production teams. Our ideal candidate is clear with processes, a serial problem solver and all-star communicator. Lastly, they are creative, passionate with product, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Measure and inspect samples received from Proto through to TOP
- Cross examine sample against information in the Tech Pack and against previous sample to ensure consistency and call out any discrepancies to team
- Lead fit sessions with Design and Product Development
- Execute fit comments in a timely manner to ensure fit process stays in line with production and action timelines
- Issue grading guidelines to vendors after fit approval to ensure quality is kept consistent for the entirety of the production phase
- Work closely with Design and PD to ensure all design and construction information is correct when passing off to vendor
- Coordinate with designer and production manager to ensure all production requirements such as colors, trims, fabric quality & fit are met
- 3-6 years of experience in apparel technical design/pattern making, with an understanding of apparel design & development process from inception through Production
- Strong knowledge of pattern making, grading, garment construction, sewing, technical drawing, measuring and fitting
- Able to effectively communicate with international vendors and cross functional teams on a regular basis (written & verbal)
- Proficiency in MS office, Excel, Adobe Illustrator and PLM
Other must haves:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Able to work with little supervision
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.