Technical Designer (contract)
Hybrid’s humble beginnings started in 1997 in the back of a print shop designing, selling, and printing tee shirts. Today, Hybrid is a global apparel industry powerhouse in brand and licensing management. Hybrid provides its expertise and fully vertical operations capability – design, merchandising, development, sourcing, production, and distribution – to a broad suite of branded, licensed, generic, and private label partners. Hybrid’s full-service apparel design and manufacturing expertise extends across the apparel category, including knits, woven tops, bottoms, tees, and accessories.
As our organization has evolved, so has our philosophy of doing business. We have made concerted efforts to remove ourselves from the antiquated approach of other apparel manufacturers and doing things differently has been our focus. We are building a company ethos that breeds innovation, collaboration, integrity and excellence in customer service.
What is My Role?
As a Technical Designer, you will be responsible for technical compliance in all product development and full package production and for managing performance and fit compliance.
What You'll Do
- Ensure all compliance and technical issues are identified, resolved and are compliant to meet customer standards and requirements
- Make accurate interpretations and translations of designs intent through product specifications
- Complete specification packages with measurements, construction details, sewing instructions, BOMs and special details
- Analyze technical fit, balance, ease, quality, and pattern of garments ensuring that products are developed in a manner consistent with established standards
- Communicate with vendors and retailers to work through specification, construction, or fabrication issues
- Provide detailed follow up and communication on technical issues, fits, pre-production and production status to key individuals
- Identify problems and issues and develop solutions and maintain accountability for product from development through production
- Organize, update tracking reports, and maintain back up files
What You’ll Need
- 3-5 years’ experience in technical design, pattern making, fitting and spec packages
- Ability to work cross-functionally within business partner environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills
- Maintain a positive attitude and take responsibility and accountability
- Foster an environment of teamwork
Hybrid Apparel is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.