Put your design skills to work on projects that entertain the city. Do you enjoy working with a close-knit team of Designer/Drafters and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design? LA ProPoint is now hiring a SolidWorks Designer to support our expanding portfolio of projects. LA Propoint’s extensive experience combined with your design knowledge and technical skills will propel your career forward.
LA ProPoint is a rigging and machine company for themed entertainment venues such as amusement parks, theaters, sports arenas, sound stages, large LED displays, etc.
We need our Designers to apply standard design principles to complete assignments. In this role you will develop complex assembly and detailed part drawings from equipment specifications, engineering notes and sketches, ensuring that they meet company and industry standards and codes.
Candidates should have familiarity with metal fabrication techniques, use of shop tools, layout means and methods, understanding of fabrication and assembly of motorized rigging equipment, strong understanding of structural welding and weld symbols.
· 3D modeling SolidWorks 2020, assemblies and drawings.
· Material properties concentrating on steel and aluminum familiarity.
· MS Office proficiency including excel.
· AutoCAD ability a plus.
· Material callouts, ASTM A36, A592, A992, A500, etc., 6061-T6, ASTM A53 1010, etc.
· Rotating machine and mechanism design.
· Theatrical design, theatrical rigging, track and drape, pipe grids, truss.
· Basic design calculations, weight analysis, bending moments, PV bearing analysis.
· Ability to read architectural and structural building drawings, experience with BIM.
· Preparation of Data Deliverables for the Client.
Experience leading design/drafting team for Technical Theatre / Theme Park / Museum / Entertainment a plus including:
· Knowledge of keeping large set of drawings organized – digitally and hard copies.
· Coordinate schedule needs with project management.
· Experience creating complete and checked submittal sets.
· Design skills specific to theatrical type mechanical design and rigging.
· Ability to produce Bills of Materials / Parts Lists.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sun Valley, CA 91352: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- AutoCAD: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location