INTEGRATED BUILDERS GROUP (IBG) is a design-build commercial contractor experiencing tremendous growth across the eight western states and most recently expanding to Texas. Headquartered in El Dorado Hills, California, IBG has been providing design-build services since 2006. We stand as the essential design-build firm within our niche markets – knowledgeable, passionate, and progressive. Our “Thrilled Client Commitment” means we exceed expectations through strategic guidance, total accountability, and enthusiastic partnership at every stage of our projects.
The IBG team is nimble, accountable, and enjoys the autonomy provided by a tight knit group of professionals in charge of every aspect of project development, from design conception to project commissioning.
We currently have an immediate opening for aTECHNICALDESIGNER.This position will be based out of our El Dorado Hills office. TheTECHNICALDESIGNERwill consult and work with Project Managers to determine the scope of the project based on client expectations, directives, and deadlines. This person is reliable, has integrity and values producing quality work. Above all, this person must have strong ethical standards and be able to fulfill client commitments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research building materials and methods
- Prepare CAD documents through completion of the project including detailed construction documents, while ensuring accuracy and original design intent
- Produce complete and precise millwork details
- Understand how existing field conditions may impact design feasibility
- Manage changes and revisions and organize drawing files accordingly
- Be familiar with current codes and jurisdiction requirements and be able to communicate with building departments as necessary
- Coordinate with engineers, architects and specialty consultants
- Perform Construction Administration tasks such as Submittals, RFIs, ASIs, and revisions
- Delegate tasks as required
- A four-year degree in Interior Design or Architecture, or equivalent experience
- Expert in AutoCAD, SketchUp and MS Office, working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Advanced skills in rendering 3D models
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable building codes and ADA regulations
- Experience creating construction documents, furniture drawings and specifications
- Strong knowledge of product and its relation to performance, installation and specifications
- Minimum 5 years of commercial interior design experience
Desired Traits for Success
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, multitasking and time management skills
- Excellent communication and prompt follow-up
- A sense of humor and a positive, team-player attitude
In addition to offering a highly competitive salary, we also offer health/dental/vision, 401(k), profit sharing, upward mobility, good work-life balance, and a pet friendly environment. We’re a professional company with a great vibe. For more information on our company, please visit www.integratedbg.com. IBG is an equal opportunity employer.