Technical Designer - Men's Knits/Fleece/Graphics/Accessories
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
In this role, you will be accountable for maintaining and executing design aesthetics through consistent fit and construction, that aligns to our customers' needs. You will be a strong collaborator and influencer with cross functional partners and vendors and be able to translate design concepts into specifications for costing and first prototypes, by leveraging fit camps and maintaining overall customer fit consistency. You will be responsible for providing direction to global sourcing teams to expand vendor capabilities and troubleshoot fit issues, as needed.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the development of pattern blocks and to achieve optimal and consistent fit
- Manage the development and maintenance of tech packs throughout the line creation process
- Accountable for the department budget, including quarterly and annual forecasting
- Provide guidance and recommendations on vendor readiness and fit empowerment
- Able to communicate difficult concepts in a simple manner
- Participate in projects and assignments of diverse scope
Who You Are
- Significant technical design experience with fabric and garment construction, pattern/blocks and manufacturing processes
- Establish and maintain an effective industry network, regularly benchmarking and actively participating in industry association working committees
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of design, merchandising, and product development priorities
- Prior experience working in an apparel retail company
- Present problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner