Technical Designer, Men's, Lucky Brand
The Technical Designer, in partnership with Design and Production teams, ensures all product is consistent with brand standards and seasonal design concepts for specific classifications. He/she leverages skills in garment grading/specifications, fit and construction, fabrics, sewing operations, and pattern making to fulfill these objectives.
This position will focus on Men's wovens categoires.Responsibilities
- Work with design team to develop initial specs for each new season
- Work with supervisors and Cross Functional partners on competitive fit analysis meetings, and other relevant meetings
- Lead and conduct fittings for production communicating all pattern corrections to vendors
- Use flat sketches and digital photo images as necessary to communicate corrections to a garment or pattern
- Complete fit comments in a timely manner
- Create, develop and maintain blocks fits for each category
- Make pattern corrections to vendors’ patterns as necessary
- Enforce company grade rules and tolerances, and quality standards
- Establish fit consistency within each brand and across vendors
- 4 - 5 years of relevant work experience with Men's wovens.
- Degree in fashion design or relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of production pattern making
- Knowledge of fabrics, trims and sewing operations associated with standard product types
- A strong understanding of the Product Development and Manufacturing Processes in partnership with offshore manufacturer, domestic importing and/or foreign trading companies
- Flexible, organized, team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills