Technical Designer, Outerwear
FIGS is looking for a Technical Designer, Outerwear to join the Technical Design team and specifically focus on Outerwear categories. As a member of this team, you will be leading fit sessions, communicating revisions to vendors and working cross-functionally to ensure accuracy of tech packs. We are looking for someone with strong skill sets in apparel technical design and patternmaking with an understanding of the design and development process from inception through production. Our ideal candidate is clear with processes, a serial problem solver and all-star communicator. Lastly, they are creative, passionate with product, highly organized and detail oriented. In this role, you will report directly into our Director of Technical Design and will frequently interact with our Product Development, Design and Production teams.
- Measure and inspect samples received from Proto through to TOP
- Cross examine sample against information in the Tech Pack and against previous sample to ensure consistency and call out any discrepancies to team
- Lead fit sessions with Design and Product Development
- Execute fit comments in a timely manner to ensure fit process stays in line with production and action timelines
- Issue grading guidelines to vendors after fit approval to ensure quality is kept consistent for the entirety of the production phase
- Work closely with Design and PD to ensure all design and construction information is correct when passing off to vendor
- Coordinate with designer and production manager to ensure all production requirements such as colors, trims, fabric quality & fit are met
- 3-6 years of experience in apparel technical design/pattern making, with an understanding of apparel design & development process from inception through Production
- At least 2 years of experience working on Outerwear specifically as a Technical Designer
- Strong knowledge of pattern making, grading, garment construction, sewing,technical drawing, measuring and fitting
- Able to effectively communicate with international vendors and cross functional teams on a regular basis (written & verbal)
- Experience with a PLM system
- Proficiency in MS office, Excel, Adobe Illustrator
Other must haves:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Able to work with little supervision
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
- At FIGS, your base salary is one part of your total compensation package. This role's base salary range is between $59,000 and $85,000. Actual base salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
- Comprehensive benefits and perks package focused on your well-being, including premium medical, dental and vision coverage, and full access to wellness services through Ginger, Headspace, and Gympass. 100% FIGS-sponsored life insurance and disability insurance
- Amazing 401(k) program, with a company match up to the first 6% of your contribution
- Generous paid time off - We have 11 company holidays. For salaried team members, we offer flexible vacation. For our hourly team members, we offer up to 3 weeks of accrued vacation
- Meaningful time away for baby bonding, including parental leave, new parent care meals, and a transition back to work for primary caregivers
- FIGS Friends and Family 25% off Discount for FIGS apparel
- Access to FIGS Vet, Discounted Pet Daycare, and so much more…
- Benefits eligibility is determined by hour requirements and length of service
FIGS, Inc. is a founder-led, direct-to-consumer healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand that seeks to celebrate, empower and serve current and future generations of healthcare professionals. We redefine what scrubs are by creating technically advanced apparel and products that feature an unmatched combination of comfort, durability, function and style, all at an affordable price. With the largest DTC platform in healthcare apparel, we sell our products to a rapidly growing community of loyal customers. Through these customer relationships, FIGS has built a community and lifestyle around a profession, revolutionizing the large and fragmented healthcare apparel market and becoming the industry’s category-defining healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand.
Our Threads for Threads initiative is integral to our mission to improve the lives of healthcare professionals on a global scale. Founded alongside FIGS in 2013, Threads for Threads donates scrubs to healthcare professionals working in resource-poor countries around the world.