Technical Designer, Woman's Apparel
The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure that the fit corrections and construction corrections are accurately conveyed to factory.
- The generation of accurate and detailed technical construction and spec packages for production on a PLM system.
- Must adhere to department timeline.
- Must be highly motivated to advance the goals and standardize the fit of the brand.
- Management and supervision of the fit approval process.
- Responsibility for developing accurate specs and construction details and issuing to the factory.
- Maintaining best practices and construction details of the product with consistency with all factories.
- Proactive follow up of samples with production team and factories to ensure the time and action calendar is followed.
- Develop a good working relationship with design and production departments.
- Attending and participating in company meetings as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4+ years’ experience as a technical designer in Missy, Petite and X sizes.
- Qualified to revise pattern blocks and instruct factory on how to correct their pattern.
- Computer literate and have communication skills.
- CAD drawing skills.
- Strong knowledge of fit and how to execute and improve the fit of a garment.
- Strong construction knowledge.
- Must have good retention of facts and department systems.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a required skill.
- Must have first-hand knowledge of sewing and factory processes.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicant swill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.