Technical Designer - Women's Woven Dresses
Overview: To independently execute Design’s vision of a garment, and compile it into a Tech Pack.
- Develop and edit tech packs, documenting fit comments, specs and bill of materials.
- Manage flow of information related to fit process, such as tracking samples, update tech log, sending fit list, and communicating with factory counterparts.
- Be able to fit and correct garments in a fittings, and translate those corrections to patterns and/or comments.
- Organize and maintain data history (samples and patterns).
- Ensure that an accurate garment is developed that meets Design’s aesthetic.
- Communicates verbal and written content accurately and in a timely manner with others (including vendors, merchants, production and design)
- Work with field/vendor representatives and directors to resolve issues
- Be able to conduct fit sessions independently and manage process
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Technical Design or Fashion Design.
- 5+ years experience in Technical Design.
- Excellent communication, organizational, attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Knowledge of garment construction methods.
- Knowledge of structural and decorative trims.
- Adaptive to a multi-tasked environment.
- Proficient in PC applications including MS Word, Excel and Outlook Express.
- Pattern Drafting and Draping skills.
- Proficient in KARAT/Gerber/Lectra Program.
- Ability to evaluate fit problems on live models
- Understanding of Grade Rules.
- Knowledge of factory machinery specific to production area (domestic and international).
- Knowledge of fabrics, construction and wash for Woven’s.
- Knowledge of yarns, gauge and knitting techniques for Sweaters and Knits.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.