Technical Designer/Pattern Maker - TEMPORARY POSITION
JOLYN was created by athletes who were tired of swimwear that didn’t fit, was uncomfortable and most of all, boring. We created better fitting and performing swimwear with patterns and colors as fun as the girls in the water. We believe that athletics can help women to be their best selves. As such, our mission is to use athletics as a springboard to unite women and help them reach their full potential.
This role will assist the Production Team in the sketching, measurement, and construction specifications in swim and activewear. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, and capable of working in a fast-paced fun environment.
- Position Type: Full-time, 6-month temporary employment contract to start, with the possibility of permanent employment
- Work Environment: Hybrid, ability to work remote with the requirement to be in the Huntington Beach office for product fittings and design meetings
- Assist in the sketching, measurements, and construction specifications in swim and activewear.
- Assist in product development and garment fit. Plus size experience preferred, with a great understanding of fit and aesthetics for the respective category range
- Build BOMs (bill of materials) and technical packages. Prior experience is a must.
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
- Ability to work & communicate efficiently with internal and external teams in a professional manner. Experience in communicating with factories and vendors locally and offshore
- Maintain a positive attitude/work climate and an environment based on trust, diversity, and inclusion within the team. Promotes leadership, coaching, professional development, and collaboration
- Collaborative team player. Open to ideas/suggestions. Fosters and communicates the values that support the mission and objectives of JOLYN. Assists employees to develop and contribute to the organization and apply human resource policies fairly and consistently
- Ad hoc projects and tasks as assigned
- 5+ years of experience with pattern making and technical design
- Full package experience in addition to domestic cut & sew
- Must be able to provide their own Gerber Key
- Swimwear or Activewear experience is a must
- Experience spacing garments, grading, and creating tech packs
- Expert computer skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Gerber, Excel, PLM software, and Microsoft Office
- Technical construction knowledge for product manufacturing
- Strong organizational skills, works well work under pressure, ability to multitask and manage priorities
- Great communication skills, verbal, written, and presentation.