Technical Manager - Maternity Cover
Type of position: Technical Manager, Maternity cover
Start date: April 2024
Company: Roland Mouret, SP Collection
Areas of fashion: Fashion Design & Production
Location: Farringdon, London
Hours: Full time
Roland Mouret are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Technical Manager to drive and support the Product Team through the development and production process.
As Technical Manager, you will support the Design and Product Development teams in the development stages. This includes leading in development fittings, overseeing factories’ progress, monitoring the range plan, and managing a strict critical path.
You will lead the Technical Team through SMS, production, and shipment fittings, ensuring they are in line with the quality standards, block measurements and critical path across all categories.
Within your role you will also ensure that all product meets business and commercial quality standards, identify and support with potential cost price issues, monitor sales and returns, maintain close monitoring of factories to ensure they meet brand requirements, and motivate the team during the collection process from start to finish. Having a clear understanding of suppliers’ capabilities to adhere to safety, legislative and business policies is paramount, assuring testing and labelling of all products is in line with each country's legal and safety requirements. Managing and approving test reports will be a key responsibility to the role.
We work in a fast-paced environment, therefore meticulous organisation and a passion for your work are key. This exciting role is a fantastic opportunity to work within a small team, with a hard working attitude, working alongside the creative directors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years’ experience within the Technical department
- Good leadership skills
- Experience within a luxury womenswear brand
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience of leading, recording and sending fit comments
- Understanding of pattern cutting, good knowledge of fabrics, technical components and sewing techniques
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, ensuring critical path is honoured
- Experience of working in an atelier preferred
- Experience of reading and approving fabric/mill reports, testing standards
- Maintaining good relationships and communication with our supply base
- Tenacious, assertive, and determined attitude with excellent attention to detail
- Good negotiation, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Dedicated, hardworking and committed person willing to progress as the company grows
- Travel may be required