Temp Apparel Designer
Job Title:Temporary Apparel Designer
Reports to:Brand Director
Job Location:Los Angeles, CA- In-House
SHEIN Distribution Corporation distributes SHEIN's products in the U.S. Founded in 2012, SHEIN is a leading global online retailer with operations in Guangzhou, Singapore and Los Angeles, along with other key markets. SHEIN reaches consumers across more than 150 countries and regions around the world. We place a premium on choice, delivering more than 6,000 new fashion, beauty and lifestyle products daily with more than 600,000 items available. Our mission is to help people express their individuality through the latest trends that are accessible and affordable. To learn more about SHEIN, follow us @us.shein.com,sheingroup.com, Instagram.com/sheinofficial, Instagram.com/shein_us, youtube.com/shein.
SHEIN Distribution is here and we’re looking to add a highly motivated, organized, and focused Apparel Designer to join our fast-growing Design team! Our Designer is responsible for leading the day-to-day design processes creating top-selling items. Designer will be involved in merchandising their own designs from start to finish, until it launches to the website. That includes a voice in picking the models they like, styling, and art direction on photoshoot, until the items launch to the website.
- Lead the research and development of seasonal trends
- Create cohesive concept boards, new apparel designs, sketching ideas, creating technical packages for each collection with brand aesthetic and vision
- Manage fabric development; sourcing textiles and trims, and ordering fabrics and trims when needed
- Engage in all aspects of design process from development through production; approving samples, changing sketches as needed
- Researching current trends consistent with existing aesthetic of styles of multiple categories
- Owning the creative process from original inception to initial sample
- Develop 50-60 new designs every month
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design and related field required
- 5+ years of design experience in a similar role
- Must possess strong garment construction, such as fabric construction, finishes, sewing techniques, graphics and trims
- Must have strong flat (CAD) sketching skills
- Highly organization and communication skills – in a fast paced fashion environment
- Attention to details with sense of urgency
SHEIN Distribution is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace environment.