Temp Associate Tech Designer (Apparel)
Meet the Owned Brand division of REVOLVE:
REVOLVE is the next-generation fashion retailer for millennial and Generation Z consumers. As a trusted, premium lifestyle brand and a go-to source for discovery and inspiration, REVOLVE delivers an engaging customer experience from a vast yet curated offering of over 45,000 products. Founded in Los Angeles in 2003 by co-CEOs, Michael Mente and Mike Karanikolas, REVOLVE’s family of brands includes their luxury offering, FORWARD, and a portfolio of 24 owned brands such as Lovers + Friends, Tularosa, NBD and RAYE.
The Owned Brand division within REVOLVE is an industry-leading fashion design and production house based in Los Angeles. Leveraging the power of REVOLVE’s data driven merchandising, combined with raw creative talent results in an unparalleled ability to identify a specific market niches, developing brands that each have their own identity, designed with a distinct consumer interest and personality in mind.
At REVOLVE the most successful team members have the thirst and creativity to redefine fashion retail for the 21st century, making REVOLVE THE leading online retail destination targeted towards Millennial and Generation Z consumers seeking premium fashion. With a team of 1,000 strong, we are a dynamic bunch that are motivated by getting the company to the next level. It’s our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
To take a behind the scenes look at the REVOLVE “corporate” lifestyle check out our Instagram @REVOLVEcareers or #lifeatrevolve.
Are you ready to set the standard for Premium apparel?
Main purpose of the position:
This is a temp full time, role for a candidate who is able to work in a fast paced, high volume, sku intensive fashion environment while maintaining accuracy. The Technical Design Associate will be meticulous with details and driven by the technical aspect of the design process. He or she will work support fittings, measure fit comments to send to vendors, and evaluate samples. This position requires an out of the box thinker who can collaborate with the existing team, outside vendors, and across all levels of the organization.
Position responsibilities and daily tasks:
- Lead fittings and identify necessary fit corrections
- Evaluate and spec samples to determine compliance of specs, construction and overall quality
- Illustrate pattern corrections and style comments with Photoshop or Illustrator to communicate accurate and precise corrections to domestic and overseas vendors
- Detail comments and address all garment corrections with factory representatives
- Collaborate with Design and Product Development team to ensure design intent is executed and the highest quality of fit, construction and workmanship is executed
- Partner with Product Development to ensure target costs are achieved
- Accurately execute comments without supervisor oversight to ensure good revised samples
- Incorporate fit feedback into fittings to constantly improve product
- Ensure all samples are fit and comments are processed within a timely manner
- Work within calendar to ensure deadlines are maintained
- Cultivate and train assistants which includes refining their technical design development process
What does a candidate need to demonstrate to perform this job successfully:
- Understanding of construction and patterns
- Advanced ability to accurately spec garments
- Advanced ability to accurately spec garments
- Knowledge of fabrications and their applications
- Advanced ability to recognize target specs
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task while staying organized
- High sense of urgency, punctuality and timeliness
- Must have strong work ethic and motivation to learn
- Works well individually, as well as, with a team
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to a very fast-paced environment
- Must be able and willing to lift and carry up to 10 lbs., perform frequent repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as, bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
Minimum candidate qualifications (years of experience, education level, technical skills, software, etc):
- 4+ years of prior internship or work experience in Technical Design, Patternmaking or Design
- Degree in Apparel Manufacturing, Product Development or Apparel Design related field
- Photoshop or Illustrator experience
- In depth knowledge of fabric, apparel, materials, construction and fit
Preferred qualifications (years of experience, education level, technical skills, software, etc):
- Consistent work experience and steady career progression as a Technical Designer
- Work experience in a premium and/or contemporary women’s apparel brand
A successful candidate works well in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision. At REVOLVE we all roll up our sleeves to pitch-in and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Each day is a little different, it’s what keeps us on our toes and excited to come to work every day.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, Revolve includes a reasonable estimate of the salary or hourly rate range for this role. This takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions; including but not limited to business or organizational needs, skill sets, experience and training, licensure, and certifications. A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range is $67,000 to $68,000 per year.
After submitting your application, please check your spam folder for emails on your application status. Emails are sent from an ADP email address.