Temp E-commerce Buyer
Job Title: Temp E-commerce Buyer
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 4 months
The Temp E-commerce Buyer will provide the merchandising vision with responsibility to develop and execute merchandising strategies. This position is a key part of our ecommerce team, driving daily execution for planning, buying, analyzing, merchandising and forecasting for all product categories.
- Understands financial metrics to analyze businesses & can make recommendations on how to drive the business based on sales, history & market trends
- Drives merchandise selection process, placement of orders and ensures proper quantity is purchased by style/color/size for division.
- Partners with Buyer to analyze the weekly business.
- Make recommendations on future buys to grow and expand business.
- Leads the team to drive results at the divisional level. Provides timely direction and communication to all team members (Planning, Digital Merchandising, Copy, Marketing, and Content).
- Builds relationships through effective collaboration & is seen as a solutionoriented team member.
- Exhibits leadership capability & can motivate as well as mentor Associate and Assistant Buyers.
- Possesses the ability to manage up, down and across with results.
- Ability to develop & drive divisional strategies for areas of responsibility.
- Analyzes LY information as well as current market to support strategy development.
- Identifies how current trend will impact future results and adjusts as needed.
- Responsible for assisting the team with commercializing and enriching 3rd party and internal assortments as needed, as well as following all calendar deadlines.
- Responsible for assisting the team in the PO process as needed.
- Shop competing websites to monitor fashion trends, pricing strategies and presentation techniques.
- Report industry learnings to Ecommerce team.
- Develops and executes site taxonomy strategy.
- Recommends seasonal updates that help to enhance and or maximize site conversion and improve customer experience.
- Participate in Adhoc analysis as necessary.
- 5+ years in retail and buying
- BA in Fashion Merchandising, Marketing or Business Administration
- Must be proficient in Excel and retail math
- Strong planning, inventory management and analytical skills
- Ecommerce experience preferred