Temp Senior Fashion Designer (Brand: Camila Coelho)
Meet the Owned Brand division of REVOLVE:
REVOLVE is the next-generation fashion retailer for millennial and Generation Z consumers. As a trusted, premium lifestyle brand and a go-to source for discovery and inspiration, REVOLVE delivers an engaging customer experience from a vast yet curated offering of over 45,000 products. Founded in Los Angeles in 2003 by co-CEOs, Michael Mente and Mike Karanikolas, REVOLVE’s family of brands includes their luxury offering, FORWARD, and a portfolio of 24 owned brands such as Lovers + Friends, Tularosa, NBD and RAYE.
The Owned Brand division within REVOLVE is an industry-leading fashion design and production house based in Los Angeles. Leveraging the power of REVOLVE’s data driven merchandising, combined with raw creative talent results in an unparalleled ability to identify a specific market niches, developing brands that each have their own identity, designed with a distinct consumer interest and personality in mind.
At REVOLVE the most successful team members have the thirst and creativity to redefine fashion retail for the 21st century, making REVOLVE THE leading online retail destination targeted towards Millennial and Generation Z consumers seeking premium fashion. With a team of 1,000 strong, we are a dynamic bunch that are motivated by getting the company to the next level. It’s our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
To take a behind the scenes look at the REVOLVE “corporate” lifestyle check out our Instagram @REVOLVEcareers or #lifeatrevolve.
Are you ready to set the standard for Premium apparel?
Main purpose of the Senior Designer role:
This is full-time role for an experienced, talented Senior Designer specific to the aesthetic of the Camila Coelho brand. This individual should not only have knowledge working with elevated garments, but also have experience in all aspects of design from the development to production (i.e. launching new products from sketch). This Sr. Designer will be responsible for the research, development, sketching, development of tech packs and sample management for each season across multiple brands. The Sr. Designer will also work effectively with cross functional partners to ensure product integrity and fit consistency. They will be an out of the box thinker and leader who exudes passion and knowledge within their role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Oversee the concept development through studying sales data and trend research for the DT Femme segment.
• Develop technical flats, design sheets and moodboards for each seasonal DT Femme collection, utilizing the knowledge of brand vision
• Conceptualize and create compelling product for the DT Femme category for all monthly deliveries
• Engage in all aspects of design process from development through production (including but not limited to sketching, swatch development, quality development, and fittings)
• Collaborate with the Design Director and cross-functional team members to build brand specific product that supports Revolve’s financial and merchandising strategies
• Attend and lead fittings and provide effective feedback which includes potentially changing sketches as necessary
• Engage with the Tech Design and Production team to ensure fit intent and consistency
• Review development samples for approval
• Ensure all calendar deadlines and productivity targets are being met
• Facilitate deep integration to ensure alignment with the Buying team in order to craft a unique product mix
• Research and analyze industry trends, shapes, market competition for materials, colors, etc.
• Cultivate, interview, train and manage junior members which includes providing strategic and aesthetic guidance
• Travel overseas as needed
• Complete ad-hoc tasks and assignments as directed by management
• Lead the design direction for all categories, including RTW, Swimwear, Knitwear
• Collaboration with our Research and Development team to source new and exciting fabrications
• Grow the business with best sellers and recolor/recut opportunities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Advanced knowledge of garment development process, fabrics, patterns and construction
• Advanced knowledge of target specs and POMs
• Advanced sketching and CAD ability
• Strong creative ability that will translate forecast trends in relation to brand’s customer
• Experience working closely with various cross-functional departments
• Strong ability to lead, manage and train multiple levels of designers and multiple brands
• Advanced communication skills
• Advanced analytical and decision making skills
• Proactive, self-motivated, advanced knowledge of how to delegate and still meet deadlines with "get it done" attitude
• Must have contemporary experience and have worked in a fast pace environment
• Must be able to effectively communicate ideas and have a “big picture” understanding
• Ability to work under pressure in an environment of constant shifting priorities and change
• Ability to manage workload and people effectively
• Must have a high sense of urgency, punctuality and timeliness
• Must have a flexible personality willing to take direction and change as business needs change/grow
• Must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment and short lead calendar (5 months)
• Must be able and willing to lift and carry up to 10 lbs., perform frequent repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
• Degree in Apparel Manufacturing, Product Development or Apparel Design related field
• 8+ years work experience in Design
• In depth knowledge of textiles, materials, construction and fit
• Computer sketching using CAD skills including Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, hand sketching, flat sketching
• Experience developing tech packs
• Strong hand illustration skills
• Advanced computer skills including experience using Microsoft suite, Adobe suite and Google suite applications
• Experience at luxury or contemporary brand
• Experience leading a team
A successful candidate works well in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision. At REVOLVE we all roll up our sleeves to pitch-in and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Each day is a little different, it’s what keeps us on our toes and excited to come to work every day.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, Revolve includes a reasonable estimate of the salary or hourly rate range for this role. This takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions; including but not limited to business or organizational needs, skill sets, experience and training, licensure, and certifications.
A reasonable estimate of the current salary rate is $90,000 to $95,000 per year.