Temporary Assistant Technical Designer
Freeport, ME 04032, USAPosted 11 hours ago
Company presentationAt L.L.Bean, the outside is inside everything we do, from the products we make to the way we work (and play). With unique benefits including discounts on outdoor gear, an employee outdoor club, and access to our beautiful camps on Maine’s Rangeley Lake, outdoor adventure is part of every job. Headquartered in Maine, we employ thousands of the smartest, most talented people in the world. We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers and problem solvers, dedicated to creating quality goods that help people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we’re all outsiders. And if it’s outside, we’re all in..
Job descriptionUnder supervision provides support to department leadership and technical designers during the development and commercialization processes. Input and update product specifications accurately into design/development system through commercialization process. Coordinate management of samples including but not limited to labeling, measuring and system tracking.
Assist in documenting and tracking garment specifications (quality, fit, construction) in design/development software throughout the commercialization process, as per established process.
- Set up initial specifications in system. Assign style and size range category. Input initial construction information from current development spec.
- Maintain specifications in systems by updating size ranges, specs and construction information as directed by Technical Designer.
- Maintain integrity of data within design/development system utilizing established processes and formats to ensure consistency.
- Partner with team to ensure corporate timelines are met.
Assist in management of product samples
- Label, measure and log incoming fit samples into tracking system.
- Set up and maintain tracking sheets for data analysis of fit samples.
- Pull items from stock
- Communicate with internal and external partners and vendors
Assist in preparing product and materials for model fit sessions and processing the fit results.
- Package and mail garments for model fit sessions.
- Collect data from fit sessions and input into design/development system.
- Download and format digital photos into Excel spreadsheet.
- Compile, track and summarize data for return rate in all product categories for analysis by technical design staff.Participate in special projects as assigned.
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
Education Level: 2-Year Associates Degree or comparable industry experience
Years of Experience: 1+ years
- Basic understanding of apparel or accessory garment construction, terminology and fit
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills including CAD or PDM (Product Data Management), PowerPoint and Excel
- Good understanding of the L.L.Bean customer
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment
- Ability to lift/carry 20lbs. on a regular basis