Temporary Buying Assistant
We are looking for an enthusiastic Buying Assistant to provide temporary support to our Ready-to-wear & Junior Buying Office, ensuring that the right stock is delivered on time and moves efficiently through the business. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to gain an insight into how a Buying team operates and gain invaluable experience to kickstart a career in Buying. The contract will be for 8 weeks initially, however there could be scope to extend.
- Ensure that the seasonal buys are inputted into PRIMA, our in-house system, and the relevant forward orders are raised accurately and on time.
- Run and compile weekly, monthly and seasonal buying reports and distribute to the Buying & Merchandising Team and the wider business as appropriate.
- Assist with the seasonal training manuals for the Retail shops, ensuring that these contain all relevant product and brand information to maximise sales.
- Attend the seasonal buying appointments when necessary, photograph product and assist with order writing and any other administrative support when applicable.
- Act as a liaison between the Buying Office, the Retail shops and the wider business, resolving any relevant queries and issues that arise.
- Manage faulty product issues, acting as a linchpin between the shops and production to resolve any problems.
- Liaise with external licensees on product and delivery dates to ensure that the correct stock is delivered and moves efficiently through the business (Junior Specific).
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
- Proven administration skills gained in a busy, commercial office with the ability to analyse and interpret data and can assist with report compilation.
- Very methodical, accurate and speed with the ability to work to set deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite knowledge including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Up to date knowledge of fashion trends and the fashion industry as a whole.
- Highly systematic and well organised with the ability to prioritise own workload and use own initiative.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A reliable, confident and outgoing individual who enjoys working with and meeting people and can adapt well diverse audiences and environments.
- Flexible and approachable with the ability to work as an effective team member.
- Keen interest in fashion and people with a wider interest in in culture, music, literature and the arts.
- Well-presented and has a passion for the Paul Smith brand.
Please note, this role is not eligible for sponsorship in the Skilled Worker visa category.