Textile CAD Designer
Loloi Rugsis seeking to hire an experienced Textile CAD Designer to join our growing team. The primary objective of this artistic, textile design role is to produce new, initial designs of area rugs, accent rugs, and scatter rugs based on the styling direction of the management team. As the CAD Designer, you will prepare, re-work, clean, and execute rug designs until they are fully refined and resolved.
You will also make multiple sizes and multiple color stories of existing designs, as well as translate existing artwork into new rug designs. Good communication skills are a requirement as you will be coached, mentored, and critiqued throughout the design process. As confidence is gained, less oversight will be required. This textile design role does not communicate with internal and external customers. Because of the company’s investment in, dedication to, and emphasis on world-class design, Loloi is the fashion destination of the home furnishings industry.
The CAD Artist is a rug design position that requires a minimum of 1 year of previous design experience in the textiles industry. It also requires a four-year art-related degree (fine art, surface design, textile design, fashion design).
How to Apply
We kindly ask for a cover letter with your resume submission. Within your cover letter, please let us know your available start date along with your wage expectations.
- Create coordinate rug designs that complement existing designs
- Create presentations using InDesign software for the management team
- Some administrative duties as needed
- Create multiple sizes of approved rug designs
- Create multiple color stories of existing rug designs
- Translation of existing artwork and photography to produce new rug designs. Create new rug designs using Illustrator, Photoshop, and NedGraphics software
- Four-year degree in design/art-related field, (fine art, surface design, textile design, fashion design)
- Minimum of 1-year textile design experience required
- Photoshop experience required
- NedGraphics experience preferred
- Illustrator and InDesign experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to take constructive criticism
- Positive, optimistic demeanor and work ethic
What We Offer
Whether it's the products we develop or the showrooms we design, Loloi believes there's always room to be better. We extend that belief to our team, continuously striving to improve our employee’s quality of life. We offer comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits, and 401(k) to our full-time employees.
Our fast-paced culture values people who act and think like founders. If you're someone who takes initiative, works hard, and brings a positive spirit, there's no limit to how far you'll go here.
Loloi Rugs is a leading textile brand that designs and crafts rugs, pillows, and throws for the thoughtfully layered home. Family-owned and led since 2004, Loloi is growing more quickly than ever. To date, we’ve expanded our diverse team to hundreds of employees, invested in multiple distribution facilities, introduced thousands of products, and earned the respect and business of retailers and designers worldwide. A testament to our products and our team, Loloi has earned the ARTS Award for “Best Rug Manufacturer” in 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016, and 2018. For more information, visit loloirugs.com.
Loloi Rugs does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in the provision of employment opportunities and benefits.