Kelly Wearstler is looking for a highly motivated, creative and passionate Textile Designer to join its studio in Los Angeles.
The candidate will be responsible for designing patterns and graphics for textile and collections including but not limited to fabric, wallpaper, tiles and rugs. The Designer will design manage end to end starting from concept and design to prototyping and marketing at launch. This process will also include creative concepting for photoshoots and marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with Creative Director to ideate for new concepts and collections
- Determine and test various patterns, materials, construction, mechanisms, shapes and color
- Translate concepts into digital designs renderings including 3D renderings
- Maintain knowledge of current trends, color, technology, and competitive products
- Demonstrate an understanding of product usage, product lines, and market needs
- Communicate and present design concepts to various internal and external audiences
- Manage entire process of concepting, designing, prototyping with internal and external partners
- Help devise go-to-market strategy with inputs into marketing and assortment
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with factories and work closely with overseas partners to ensure accurate product development and on-time deliveries
- Comment on product samples and keep them organized
- Own and execute photoshoots for product launches
- Solid sketching and concept visualization skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., Illustrator, Photoshop), AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit, Sketchup
- Ability to take projects from concept to completion of a tech pack, with manufacturing knowledge
- Knowledge of and experience with a range of soft-good materials
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly techniques including tooling, textiles, pattern making, stitching/sewing, and related production methods
- Bachelor's year degree in Design or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a related field.
- Experience with material, color, and finish selection
- Organized and detail oriented, able to meet tight deadlines