Textile Designer (Non-Apparel/Accessories)
Love our aesthetic? We're looking for a Textile Designer for Non Apparel & Accessories to bring our Pop Culture designs to life through our product. This role will design original print repeats and artwork by collaborating with the Non Apparel & Accessories Design and Product Development Teams for Hot Topic & Box Lunch Merch.
What You'll Do
- Design original artwork for handbags and wallets – all brands
- Produce print repeats from final artwork; editing, recoloring and matching color to pantone standards
- Use Photoshop and Illustrator to prepare, modify, and resize artwork; collaborating with product development and design team to articulates printing and design techniques to factories.
- Create licensed and original non licensed artworks for each delivery
- Partner with the HT Inc DTR Apparel Art teams as needed
- Manage Strike off/PP art approvals and comments to PD with design
- Create and revise Art specification pages for submission to the licensor for approvals of collections
- Create and present print concepts/moodboards in collaboration with our design team and buyers
- Certification or education in graphic arts or illustration required.
- 3-4 years of graphic design/illustration work experience in a wholesale/vertical business preferably in accessories, hand bags/backpacks and other non-apparel categories
- Proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Geek knowledge a plus!
- Experience working with Licenses a plus
- Character art skills a plus!
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction and all creative techniques in relation to accessories (Prints/Embroideries/Embelishments/Hardlines)