Textile or Fashion Designer with 3 years of Textile knowledge
1. Managing design process from conception stage to final styling.
2. Conduct market research to identify, new trends, fabrics,techniques and textile inspiration.
3. Presenting story, mood/colour boards, and doodles to reporting authority.
4. Collaborating with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to line, and create new concepts.
5. Ensure product concepts are in sync with overall business stratergy.
6. Creating/visualizing an idea and producing a design by hand or by using computer-aided design(CAD)
7. Liaising closely with sales, buying and production teams on an ongoing basis to ensure the product suits the customer, market and price points.
8. Understanding design from a technical perspective, i.e. producing initial designs and technical specifications.
9. Sourcing, selecting and buying textile swatches, trims and embellishments for sampling purposes.
10. Adapting existing designs for mass production.