Textile Senior Product Designer
Loloi Rugsis seeking an experienced Textile Senior Product Designer to join our dynamic, exciting team. The Senior Product Designer position requires a minimum of 6 years of design experience in the textiles industry, and a minimum of 3 years of experience communicating with factories and customers is preferred.
This senior-level role is reserved for the expert designer who is executing at the highest skill level with an advanced level of discernment. This position is one that can carry out advanced design projects in woven, printed, and tufted categories, both independently and collaboratively. The Senior Product Designer mentors the CAD Artists, oversees projects for Assistant and Associate Product Designers, champions brand development, communicates with customers both internally and externally, and works with factories throughout the sampling process.
This position also assists the management team as they strategize workloads and develop timelines to market. This artistic, textile-design role requires strong, demonstrated communication skills, confident presentation skills, excellent organization skills, and an unprompted bias for action. The Senior Product Designer will also lead the department to comprehensively research the market and present trends in color and design to the design teams and the management team. Design discernment combined with a comprehensive understanding of floorcovering constructions, cost structures, and industry knowledge equips the Senior Product Designer to make positive business decisions. Because of the company’s investment in, dedication to, and emphasis on world-class design, Loloi is the fashion destination of the home furnishings industry.
How to Apply
We kindly ask for a cover letter with your resume submission. Within your cover letter, please let us know your available start date along with your wage expectations.
Responsibilities to include:
- Major responsibility of researching trends in color and design, organizing, and presenting to teams.
- Travel to line reviews and markets, meet with customers as needed.
- Ability to lead meetings, make presentations, and pitch ideas to the management team.
- With an emphasis on color, champion new creel development.
- Foster positive morale and encourage a creative working environment.
- Communicate with factories to develop new rug collections and constructions.
- Advise and mentor other members of the design team.
- Ability to curate and set up rug collections with factories.
- Competitive shopping, and presentation of market research.
- Actively assist Quality Control in the review of new products and production as needed.
- Independently execute design projects with minimal oversight.
- Four-year degree in design/art-related field, (fine art, surface design, textile design, fashion design).
- Photoshop experience required.
- NedGraphics, PowerPoint, Illustrator. and InDesign experience preferred.
- Excellent demonstrated communication skills and constructive critique skills.
- Minimum of 6 years of textile design experience.
- Communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills are key strengths.
- Comprehensive knowledge of home furnishings industry, floorcovering markets, and key accounts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of trends in area rugs and scatter rugs, from high end to low end.
- Experience in digital printing, machine-made, handmade.
What We Offer
Whether it's the products we develop or the showrooms we design, Loloi believes there's always room to be better. We extend that belief to our team, continuously striving to improve our employee’s quality of life. We offer health, dental and vision benefits, and 401(k) to all of our full-time employees.
Our fast-paced culture values people who act and think like founders. If you're someone who takes initiative, works hard, and brings a positive spirit, there's no limit to how far you'll go here.
About Loloi Rugs
Loloi Rugs is a leading textile brand that designs and crafts rugs, pillows, and throws for the thoughtfully layered home. Family-owned and led since 2004, Loloi is growing more quickly than ever. To date, we’ve expanded our diverse team to hundreds of employees, invested in multiple distribution facilities, introduced thousands of products, and earned the respect and business of retailers and designers worldwide. A testament to our products and our team, Loloi has earned the ARTS Award for “Best Rug Manufacturer” in 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016, and 2018. For more information, visit loloirugs.com.
Loloi Rugs does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in the provision of employment opportunities and benefits.